Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
This position under limited supervision establishes, maintains, and communicates standards for recording, searching, and reporting data kept in the enterprise's databases and warehouses. This position documents data flows, data mappings, performs data quality analysis required by various enterprise projects. This position confers as needed with other technical staff to plan data management projects, or to establish large scale mining, reporting, or data display exercises. Guide or provides technical assistance to data quality projects or operations to maintain enterprise-wide standards and attain more efficient use of data resources.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with business partners, technical partners, and representatives from other organizations to understand and evaluate their requirements regarding data, and ensure they are meet the needs and conform to the enterprise standards.
- Analyze business requirements and technical specifications of applications in development to see how they can be developed into testable elements.
- Perform any necessary data analysis, data mapping and data lineage activities, and document information flows.
- Manage initiatives focused on implementing enterprise data management capabilities.
- Align enterprise data management activities with industry best practices.
- Develop metrics associated with core job functions, exhibiting how better data management practices improve business value.
- Align data management efforts/initiatives directly to providing business value.
- Work with manager to monitor use and form of reporting data in multiple platforms and reports throughout the organization.
- Contribute to developing and communicating corporate and regulatory standards for using, providing access to, and reporting data, and to the compliance framework for tracking the implementation of these standards.
- Request and track reporting from departmental units on use of and security standards for data used in variety of databases and warehouses.
- Communicate with organizational units concerned with risk management, legal compliance and privacy to ensure unit's standards and practices are consistent
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Hands-on Data Analysis experience (2 to 4 years)
- Strong SQL skills, Reporting and Dash boarding experience using any industry tools such as Business Objects, MicroStrategy, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask are critical
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to work independently as well as in a dynamic matrix team environment with little supervision.
- Hands-on experience or exposure to the following data management disciplines: Data quality management, application/transactional data store, operational data store, data warehouse, and data marts.
- Well-versed in the following data management concepts: Enterprise data quality, enterprise data governance. Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) would be desirable.
- Knowledge of software design principles and System Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) with demonstrated ability to optimize maintainability, usability and minimize customizations of COTS products is required.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated use of Microsoft Access, Excel, and all other Microsoft Software, such as, Visio, Project, etc.
- Individual must have the ability to work well with data and identify potential issues or gaps in processes prior to any impact occurring.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling
Skilled in BI tools - Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Spotfire, Tableau (Understand the differences between the Tools)
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and design front-end BI applications according to specifications
- In - depth knowledge of relational database structures, theories, principles and practices
- Understand new BI trends like mobile, Cloud, BI agile etc.
- Understanding of KPI's , and decision support reporting
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...