Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Examine, assess, and document data management and data governance operating framework and processes. Relate the framework and processes to business and IT operations and to data policies and standards to enable the operating unit to accomplish its objectives. Assist operating unit staff by developing metric reports, user reports, data extracts, and analyses from discipline-specific systems and applications. Provide input into improvements of the data management and data governance programs.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assess business operations and processes of assigned office or business unit to understand procedures, data flows and handoffs, decisions, communications pathways and the like.
- Lead meetings and projects with business partners, senior management, and technology team to address data issues, identify opportunities to automate, upgrade, or expand data systems/applications that accomplish business operations
- Provide support to business units by tracking data related problems and troubleshooting them to sustain application in production.
- Manage Data Governance Trusteeship program.
- Provide supervision to junior members of the team.
- Manage Data Governance Compliance Framework, aligning to other corporate compliance processes as needed.
- Manage alignment of Fannie Mae's Data Governance Program with Industry standards, data forums, etc. Identify opportunities for Fannie Mae to be a leader in the Data Management space.
- Identify processes and application that are non compliant with Enterprise Data Policy & Standards
- Coordinate the development of dashboards to measure progress and success of data governance program.
- Develop data management procedures, processes and provide training to impacted business units.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Ability to lead data related projects such as metadata tool & process implementation, data quality tool and process implementation
- Strong knowledge of data management concepts, principles and domains (data governance, metadata management, data architecture, data modeling, data quality and information security).
- Ability to review and understand data architectures and data models
- Data Governance performance metrics scorecard development
- Implementation of data related change management process
- Ability to liaison with data management professionals across the organization to achieve goals
- Knowledge of the internal budget and accruals process to manage project budgets.
- Perform data profiling, data quality rules development and assessment using data quality and metadata tools
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...