Western Kentucky University
Office of Research
Data Management Associate
The Data Management Associate will collect, organize, and enter data regarding client contacts and performance metrics into Manufacturers Extension Information System (MEIS) as required by the National Institutes of Standards and Technology Manufacturing Extension Partnership (NIST- MEP). In addition, this person will update the website and be an active blogger for the Advantage Kentucky Alliance (AKA).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted, and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
- Tracks all data regarding AKA client contacts, performance metrics, and data entry into MEIS
- Updates and upgrades the AKA MEP webpage
- Maintains an AKA blog
- Organizes and communicates data to the Director
- Creates You-Tube like videos
Minimum Training and Experience Required
- Two years of post-secondary education
- Web-design and web-based data Management experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office use on a PC, including Word and Excel
- Microsoft Office Proficient – specifically Excel spreadsheets
- Experience with data management
- Comfortable with web-based systems
- Web-design experience
Physical and Mental Abilities Required
- Ability to adopt and use new technology
- Proactive and self-motivated person
- Ability to work as a team member and maintain effective working relationship
Applications for employment will be accepted electronically only. In addition to the online application
interested candidates must submit a cover letter, a current resume along with names, addresses, and daytime phone numbers of three professional references using the online application process. Please
refer to the following website to apply:
. For further assistance call
(270) 745-5934. Reference requisition number S3530. To ensure full consideration submit application materials on or before March 13, 2013. Position will remain open until filled.
Western Kentucky University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Persons with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodations to participate in the application and/or selection process, should notify The Office of Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/University ADA Services at (270) 745- 5121, a minimum of five working days in advance.
- 2 years ago - save job