Superior Group is looking for a Data Management Clerk in Olean, New York.
The Database Management Clerk is responsible for updating the customer and vendor master files, maintaining sales tax exemption records, and serving as backup for the Cash Application Team. In addition, this position will support other members of Global Financial Shared Services in improving processes/procedures and internal controls.
This position will report to the Director, Global Financial Shared Services, and will work closely with the Lead Accountant
- Database Administration, Cash Applications and Taxes to ensure proper entry of customer and vendor data for all U.S. and Canadian operations, accurate reporting of tax information, and preparation of reports and other pertinent information for internal and external stakeholders.
- Updates various databases containing customer and vendor information.
- Acts as a “gate keeper” of information and will be responsible for ensuring information is in the correct format, complete and structured properly for accounting applications.
- Responsible for maintaining tax codes on customer “ship to” addresses; determining tax rates and/or exemptions for customers; updating tax information in various accounting systems/spreadsheets; and assisting in the preparation of state sales tax returns.
- Backup the Cash Application Team. In this role, this position will assist with application of customer receipts within the company’s receivables sub-ledger.
Go Beyond. www.superiorjobs.com.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Business/Accounting or 5 years of experience in business/accounting field
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills to effectively perform daily activities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), and preferably have experience with ERP systems.
- Strong communitcation skills both written and verbal.
Superior Group - 12 months ago
The Superior Group, Inc. (the Company) is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity and affirmative action in all...