Job Title: Data Management and Governance Director
Job ID: 02960
Division : P & C Loss Reserving
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Candidates with experience in the insurance or financial services industry preferred.
The Data Management and Governance Director is responsible for establishing the vision and direction of the overall strategy for data management and governance for the organization's data assets. Responsible for the development, implementation and management of business data management and analytics processes and practices that support and improve the company's data driven decision making capabilities.
- Data Management and Governance Program Management (45%)
- Ensures data assets are effectively managed across the enterprise. Ensures data is accurate, accessible, documented, secured, and integrated.
- Collaborates with appropriate business partners to develop and manage requirements for data accessibility and decision making needs. Maintains an active knowledge and understanding of company business environments and uses that knowledge to produce and implement data management solutions throughout the company.
- Ensures data integrity, quality, availability and consistency while providing consultation and support to data users and other key stakeholders across the organization. Proactively identifies data quality issues and risks as well as opportunities for enhancement.
- Directs the maintenance and enhancement of data management and analysis processes.
- Ensures compliance with internal and external standards and regulations for data usage.
- Directs the development and implementation of capabilities to monitor, measure and manage the quality of data within the system. Recommends ways to strengthen data integrity, quality and availability across the organization.
- Obtains and manages resources required to design, develop and implement the data management and business analytics related project plans.
- Serves as the center of expertise for company business data. Provides business data expertise to divisions and project teams to ensure effective use of data, business reports, and processes across the organization. Directs synthesis of data marts to achieve complete data sets needed for complex analysis and hypothesis testing.
- Data Strategy Development (20%)
- Establishes, in conjunction with key stakeholders and business partners, the strategic vision for the business use and management of corporate data to achieve increased efficiency, effectiveness and profitability for the corporation.
- Works proactively across the organization to identify data sources, data users, and data processes.
- Directs the modernization of data management and analytics capabilities, processes and practices for the company.
- Manages the development and implementation of capabilities to improve, monitor, and audit data quality within the reporting and analytics environment.
- Data Management and Governance Best Practices (15%)
- Establishes and maintains data management and governance best practices and standards, and ensures consistent application of those practices across the organization.
- Researches industry trends and best practices. Promotes organizational contribution and adherence to data management and governance standards and processes.
- Remains up-to-date on the latest data management strategies and tools throughout the insurance and technology industries to meet the company's data management strategy and goals. Champions and leads the consistent use of those tools across business lines.
- Management/Leadership for Department or Unit (15%)
- Manages direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve department/unit goals in accordance with Company policies and practices.
- Prepares and analyzes department/unit plans and reports.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
- Develops staff through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and establishing performance & development plans.
- Strategies Linked to the Division's Business Goals/Results (5%)
- Establishes, communicates, and implements departmental plans, objectives, and strategies.
- Participates as a member of the Management Team.
- Maintains an active awareness of American Family's business environments, corporate culture, and structure to support key decision-making.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Lead Change
- Lead Corp Vision & Strategy
- Lead People
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the key interfaces between applications and internal and external business systems.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with cross functional business areas to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated experience successfully planning and delivering large, complex, cross functional projects and programs.
- Demonstrated management or leadership experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of data management best practices, principles, processes and tools.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of business data tools.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
You can be valued for your ideas and perspectives. At American Family Insurance, our corporate mission is to be the most trusted and valued service-driven insurance company and that vision is directly supported by our commitment to diversity. We're proud that the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our employees lead to greater innovation and superior customer service. To learn more, please visit: www.americanfamilyinsurance.jobs
We look forward to connecting with you! Connect with us on our Blog: www.amfamcareerblog.wordpress.com, become a fan with us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/amfamcareers, follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/AmfamCareers, or join us as a member of our LinkedIn Group: www.amfam.com/careers/linkedin.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 17 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...