The Data Manager will assist in providing a smooth daily operation of the school by working directly with the Business Operations Manager, school leader, staff, students, and parents of KIPP New Orleans Schools.
About KIPP New Orleans Schools:
KIPP New Orleans Schools is a fast-growing network of open-enrollment, public, college-preparatory charter schools. The mission of KIPP New Orleans Schools is to create an influential network of public schools that gives students the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in competitive high schools, colleges and the world beyond. KIPP New Orleans Schools currently operates nine schools in the Recovery School District serving over 2,400 students from grades Kindergarten to tenth grade.
With longer school days, innovative teaching, and a motivating learning environment, we are working to ensure that all of our students are prepared for college and beyond. KIPP students are assigned homework every night, and KIPP teachers are available by cell phone to assist as necessary. KIPP schools in New Orleans embrace the spirit of New Orleans with band, visual arts, or other fine arts available at every school.
KIPP New Orleans Schools is associated with the national KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program) Network, which recruits and trains school leaders to open KIPP schools across the country. The KIPP network is rapidly growing; there are currently 110 KIPP schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia, serving more than 32,000 students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Student and Personnel Information System
• Oversee student information system (PowerSchool/PowerGrade/PowerLunch) and identify opportunities for more effective utilization.
• Provide staff training and support for use of student information systems.
• Manage data collection for the enrollment process for students
• Work with school-based staff to ensure that all student data is accurate in student information systems.
• Work closely with school level data managers, business operations managers, CAO, CFO and Director of School Operations to ensure proper data collection of SPED reporting and Healthy Schools Reporting
• Responsible for coordinating network wide support/development for all staff regarding data and systems (including one on one data analysis meetings with teachers, excel training and Student Information System training)
• Interface with all data vendors (SIS, technology providers, and other platforms)
• Collaborate with school-based staff on student assessment design, collection and implementation. Work closely with Director of Academics to define and execute testing policies. May help execute test administration and data collection for all schools
• Complete all data reporting requirements for KIPP New Orleans Schools (Annual Report, per pupil invoicing, KIPP Foundation, authorizers, research requests, etc.).
• Report out on all data request in a real-time manner internally and externally
• Ensure that all data is readily accessible to key KIPP New Orleans Schools staff and available for all compliance reporting
• Collect and analyze monthly school reports.
• Innovation of new ways to share collect and report data
• Assist with the planning and gathering of requirements for the introduction of new systems, technologies, and business practices related to data management.
• Conduct statistical analysis of school information and student achievement data to prepare regular reports, presentations, and school performance summaries for leadership team.
• Provide data analysis of all interim assessments, state testing, MAP testing, and create dashboards for distribution
• Collaborate with KIPP New Orleans Schools’ leadership on creating, compiling and analyzing staff and parent surveys.
• Advocate for the use of sound and efficient student data management and data driven decision making across the KIPP New Orleans Schools network.
• Passion for the mission of KIPP New Orleans Schools
• Bachelor’s degree required, graduate work and/or experience in data analysis required
• Higher Order thinking and analysis to provide cutting edge and thorough data analysis
• Familiarity with the LEADs reporting system of Louisiana
• Ability and proven track record for overseeing data collection, organization, input, analysis, interpretation and reporting
• Ability and proven track record for meeting reporting requirements
• Strong organizational, and project management skills
• Fastidious attention to accuracy and detail
• Ability to make data and clear and accessible to a wide variety of audiences.
• Comfort learning new computer programs, Expertise with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Flexibility, strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to assume a high level of responsibility and manage multiple priorities.
• Problem solver and proactive and forward thinking
• Zest, grit, self-control, hope, love, social intelligence, gratitude, and a sense of humor
• Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as employer retirement contribution, is included.