Job Description: Data Mining Engineer
InsightsOne is a dynamic startup in the Big Data space focused on delivering cloud-based predictive analytics for enterprises. The company is backed by a premier venture firm, has a reputed founding team and already has marquee customers and an early product in production. InsightsOne offers a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join an early stage company to develop advanced algorithms for big data applications in a market that is seeing tremendous opportunity. We are looking for highly motivated people, who will thrive in a fast paced environment that requires delivering high quality results, teamwork, pragmatic innovation, and quick learning.
We are looking for a data-mining engineer to join our team. The person would be responsible for developing data mining techniques for analyzing huge volumes of data, both structured and unstructured, to provide insights and actionable information using new machine learning techniques. The algorithms will be built on top of the very scalable InsightsOne platform, which is built on top of Hadoop.
The position reports to the Chief Scientist.
InsightsOne is located in Santa Clara and offers competitive benefits.
- Develop new algorithms to analyze large volumes of structured and unstructured data.
- Work closely with the solutions team and engineering leads to productize the algorithms to address real world data.
- Work with vast quantities and varieties of customer data to develop new algorithms for new problems and data types.
- Work with marketing to publicize the technology, including writing papers, making presentations, etc.
- Strong programming skills.
- Hands-on experience in using machine learning algorithms and predictive techniques such as logistic regression, Naïve Bayes, SVM, decision trees and neural networks
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop/Map Reduce.
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures and the ability to implement scalable algorithms with large amounts of data in Perl, Java or C++.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (or MS with equivalent experience)
InsightsOne was founded by the team that built Yahoo's consumer data and analytics platform, recognized as one of the first to exploit the...