At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company’s growth since our inception in 1965. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA — and for the people who work here.
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks an mid-level Data Architect/Modeler to join our team in Washington D.C. Metro (Baltimore Maryland and Washington D.C.) area.
Position Functions or Responsibilities:
This consultant needs to demonstrate an end-to-end vision, leading development of logical and physical designs of data models supporting the enterprise data architecture vision.
- Work with Technical Delivery Managers to define strategies for data migration, quality validation, clean-up and mapping, and develop data dictionaries.
- Translating business strategy/drivers into IT requirements with a proven ability to solve complex problems or situations.
- Provide technical and data leadership to the application development groups, IT, and the enterprise including being conversant with and cognizant of the future direction of systems, how that direction will impact the enterprise, and how future and current systems can be exploited for the benefit of the enterprise.
- Work closely with other IT groups to coordinate current and future plans and activities, including coordination and technical assistance to facilitate specific development projects.
- Responsible for analyzing business requirements and building data models
- Strong understanding of dimensional modeling, snowflakes, slowly changing dimensions, irregular dimensions, and surrogate, compound and intelligent keys
- Experience analyzing requirements to build data models
- Ability to support diverse use cases such as business processes, BI, data migration or master data management (MDM)
- Experience in transactional and operational, analytical, and MDM modeling techniques
- Develop proof of concepts using PL/SQL queries
- Lead the creation of strategies for Data Profiling
- Participation in the technical solution planning process
- Reviewing/providing input into project schedules as they evolve.
- Documentation of source and target systems from a Data Architecture category perspective – e.g. documenting source and target systems.
- Establishing/enforcing the Enterprise information architecture and the data components of a Systems Development Lifecycle e.g. Entity relationship diagrams, Data flow diagrams, Documenting external interfaces, Business process and enterprise modeling/mapping artifacts to a data architecture framework; stratifying data for Data Management purposes.
- Creation of source to target mapping at the element level including specifications for data integrity, referential integrity, CRUD diagrams, etc.
- Completion of logical data designs/models; review with Business stewards - Creation of physical data models and maintaining conformance to established CareFirst naming standards - Facilitate the resolution and maintenance of enterprise common valid values and assists clients with the synchronization and integration of data across the enterprise.
- Assists with business naming standards, developing and maintaining consistent data definitions, determining data aliases, documenting standard calculations and derivations, and documenting the business rules of the enterprise e.g. serves in a role for the enforcement and maintenance of governance policies, processes, performance measurements, and roles relative to healthcare industry best practice, and providing both technical and administrative services to execute architecture policy, procedures, roles and responsibilities, concept of operations and standards.
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
- 3 Years Informatica
- 1 Year Health Care Experience
- 3 Years Oracle 10g+
- 1 Year Unix
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies
NTT Data - 16 months ago
TT DATA CORPORATION is a system integration company with more than 25 years of experience in the Air Traffic Control domain. Based upon the...