dunnhumby is the leader in personalising the world's experience of retailers and brands. Analysing data from over 350 million people in 28 countries, we help companies put customers at the centre of every decision. We use our insight to improve customers' retail and brand experience to earn their lifetime loyalty.
Our work with some of the world's biggest retailers and brands has demonstrated that companies which deliver value to customers through personalisation become and stay their customers' first choice. This strategic approach to putting the customer first in business improves our clients' like-for-like sales and profit margins – or, put simply, grows measurable value.
Employing more than 1,900 people in 30 offices in Europe, Asia and the Americas, dunnhumby serves a prestigious list of companies including Tesco, Casino, The Kroger Co., Procter & Gamble, Shell, Coca-Cola and Mars. dunnhumby also includes the word of mouth marketing experts BzzAgent and price optimisation company KSS Retail.
Core Delivery is the shared services organisation of dunnhumby which serves and supports 7 dunnhumby businesses (markets) and over 20 retail installations globally. We create and operate standard and flexible technology platforms which support a suite of products delivering business solutions for our retail and manufacturer clients.
Core Delivery serves the markets who in turn serve our clients. Core Delivery must deliver value to the markets. Value is defined as our markets benefiting from a shared services function versus having to manage and create such capability on its own. As a result, each market should benefit from lower costs, collective thought and greater innovation.
The role provides an opportunity to work within a global team of highly skilled technical professionals, providing consultancy, development, architecture and operational services to more than 25 global retail markets and clients.
The role will also immerse and expose you to a truly unique, world class capability driving the increase in growth and retention of customer loyalty programmes on behalf of our many retail clients.
This is a very data intensive environment - processing around a billion rows of data per week which contribute to our service and commitment to the timely, integral, accurate publication and persistence around 200tb production data.
- Create and maintain enterprise models in Erwin
- Design and create release implementation solutions across multiple environments and create release documentation
- Design and create impact analysis reports to understand impact to enterprise models and solutions
- Work closely with Lead Business Modeller to define appropriate dimensional model
- Work with database administrators to create physical database designs including indexes, constraints, partitioning, and compression strategies.
- Design and create metadata and tools to improve adoption of the enterprise models
- Maintain and promote DDL scripts(Data Definition Language) across multiple environments
- Assist in developing data management standards, policies and procedures, including the management and maintenance of related tools and environments
Business Modelling Team
Global Market Data Teams
Product Development Team
Core Delivery – Marketplace
- Experience in data modelling
- Experience working with enterprise models
- Experience with database technologies
- Demonstrated capabilities in problem solving and data analysis.
- Experience with database technologies
- Experience with using ERwin
- Experience in retail data across multiple industry verticals
- Experience with Business Intelligence Tools
- Experience in modelling aggregated data
- Experience in creating user interfaces to view metadata
- Understand data warehousing principles
- Strong understanding of dimensional modelling, snowflakes, slowly changing dimensions, irregular dimensions, and surrogate, compound and intelligent keys
- Business knowledge, particularly informing the business about decisions based on design principles
- Understand modelling metadata
- Understanding of DBA role and activities
- Ability to communicate complex technical subject matter to different audiences
- Attention to Detail
- Rapidly absorbs new technical information and can apply it effectively
- Focus on quality
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a pro-active approach
- Aptitude for diagnosing and understanding complex issues.
- Proven track record in the analysis, design and implementation of complex, large scale data solutions
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and learn new technologies and products is preferred.
dunnhumby - 19 months ago
dunnhumby is the world’s leading customer science company. We analyse data and apply new insights from more than 400 million customers...