Would you like to be involved in a movement? Join us at RootMetrics where we are providing an accurate, unbiased view of wireless carrier and connected device performance. With extensive benchmark analytics, easy-to-use interactive maps and controls, you can compare voice, data and text performance ratings as well as an overall RootScore for each service category. Users can investigate metro-wide performance or drill-down to specific street address. Root measures, reports and scores the true consumer experience of wireless performance using empirical results from our own proprietary systems. Goodbye guesswork. Farewell imprecise carrier-provided coverage maps.
Founded in 2009 in Bellevue Washington by software and wireless industry veterans, RootMetrics collects and analyzes data from a high (and growing) number of mobile devices. Our audacious goal is to fundamentally change the way wireless services are bought and sold by inserting a new selection criterion: the RootScore. RootMetrics offers a competitive salary and benefits package, stock options, and much more.
As a Data Monitor you will perform routine monitoring of incoming field data and serve as a point of contact for all in-field personnel (drivers). Based on real time data analysis will initiate first level support and troubleshooting guidance to all field personnel. Responsible for understanding and interpreting collected data, and presenting validated data via reports and summaries to the appropriate management level. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Provide reporting and performance monitoring using data drawn from diverse sources
- Perform detailed data exploration and validation to separate genuine phenomena from spurious anomalies
- Apply existing knowledge and troubleshooting techniques to resolve issues independently and as they arise
- Develop new insights and analyses that inform decisions and procedures
- Present conclusions using charts, graphs and spreadsheets
- Keep management informed to emerging issues and/or trends
- Shift work is required due to the support of international team
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work all shifts
- Bachelor of Science in math or engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience performing qualitative and quantitative analysis, preferably for a wireless or technology company
- Experience querying large, complex data sets including relational databases
- High proficiency with Excel to include macro development and pivoting capabilities
- Working knowledge of SQL programming (or other data manipulation and analysis languages)
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working in both individual and team settings
- Strong problem solving and time management skills
- High principles for quality, accuracy and attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills consistent with an entrepreneurial, small-company environment where teamwork is of the utmost importance
- Ability to concurrently drive multiple deliverables and track to multiple deadlines
Send resumes to email@example.com and be sure to include Data Monitor in the Subject Line of the email.
- Recent experience with both wireless devices and mobile OS applications
RootMetrics is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity