Intrado Inc. is North America's leading provider of 9-1-1 infrastructure systems and services. Founded in 1979, Intrado's wide range of offerings for safety and commercial markets includes 9-1-1 data management, wireless data services, target notification and data aggregation and delivery.
The company's unparalleled industry knowledge in data management, network transaction, call handling and notification technology reduces the effort, cost, time and complexity associated with providing reliable information for 9-1-1, safety and commercial applications. Intrado is "work worth doing!"
Responsible for providing surveillance and repair of data applications; provides basic technical support for a variety of company products and services (e.g., data platforms, basic hardware, software, network, connectivity, peripheral, etc.) while ensuring adherence to established departmental and corporate policies and procedures; Provide tiered support, trouble isolation, including corrective action, for network problems for all data customer facing production systems in a 24-hour/7-day-per-week Network Operations Center (NOC) in accordance with departmental and corporate policies and procedures; Monitor triage and correct network connectivity to PSAPs (Public Safety Answering Points).
* High school diploma required.
* Associate's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, MIS, Telecommunications, Networking, or a related field preferred.
* Minimum two years experience in technical support, Telephony, Network Operations Center or a similar work environment required.
Based on departmental need one or more of the following may be required:
* Minimum two years technical knowledge of one or more of the following required: circuit or soft-switch administration, maintenance or provisioning; TCP/IP; PC/Server and network hardware; demonstrated expertise with Unix and VI Editor; DNS Administration, SSH, NFS, and Apache.
* Minimum two years technical knowledge of one or more of the following preferred: fundamental understanding of Datacenter and Cisco networking; Application Service Provider (ASP).
* Minimum one year knowledge of at least one Command Line Operating System required.
* Minimum two years technical knowledge of IP Networks, Call Routing and IP based networks in a WAN/LAN environment required.
* Minimum two years knowledge of Windows based platforms required.
* Minimum one year technical knowledge of one or more of the following programming languages, e.g., Unix, HP OpenView, Network Node Manager, Tandem and Prognosis preferred.
* Intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel and Access required.
* Certification in Programming (e.g., Unix, CLI, Linux, and Perl, etc.) preferred.
* May be required to work varying shifts.
Do you share our passion of "work worth doing?" Demand for our services continues to grow. We are looking for the nation's best who are interested in making a difference. If this is you, apply online today!
Applications will be accepted through 07/17/2013.
Please Note: Intrado requires background check, drug screen and motor vehicle record check as a condition of employment. Additionally, Intrado is a tobacco free workplace.
Intrado is an AAP/EEO Employer
Interested in receiving West job openings on your mobile phone?
If so, text LMTJOBS to 57229!
Enterprise technology, by definition, faces the constant challenges of complexity and obsolescence. At West, we are dedicated to delivering...