1. Requires BS/BA in related discipline (i.e., Electrical Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems) and 2-5 years of experience in related field (i.e., Network Operations Centers) OR MS/MA and 2-4 years of experience in related field. Will consider additional industry experience in lieu of degree.
2. 2+ years of relevant 24X7X365 NOC experience, preferably at a carrier-class level with a Tier I service provider.
3. Basic familiarity with Unix/Linux command line.
4. Network management, including monitoring, capacity, performance and service level reporting
5. Solid understanding and practical use of TCP/IP and related internet protocols, such as: DNS, POP, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, SIP, SNMP, and SSH. IPV6 is a plus.
6. Network monitoring tools and techniques, intrusion detection systems, switches, routers, firewalls, and IP addressing
7. Demonstrated ability to make critical & time sensitive decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, support and explain reasoning for decisions, include appropriate people in decision-making process.
8. Highly motivated, self-starter with a positive attitude and strong initiative to face the challenges of a very fast-paced, high-energy, yet sometimes stressful, customer-focused operations organization.
9. Excellent analytical, problem-solving and technical troubleshooting skills.
10. Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to remain composed and professional in stressful, high pressure situations. Documentation skills are mandatory.
1. Technical certifications (e.g. RHCSA/RHCE, SCSAS/SCSA, UCP/LPIC, CCENT/CCNA, JNCIA/JNCIS)
2. Familiarity with Six Sigma or Kepner-Tregoe
3. Working knowledge of eTOM or ITIL industry frameworks
4. Experience with RF networking technologies