Function as a Technical lead in the following functional areas within the realm of data, voice, video and carrier networking technologies: Consulting, reengineering, planning, testing, evaluation, implementation and integration services; large-scale project management; second/third level network monitoring, support, and performance management; problem isolation and resolution of LAN, WAN, VoIP based network. Tier 3 technical support to Jr. Staff. Participate in R&D, strategy-definition and continuous process improvement and reengineering activities related to network solutions, products and services. Manage the implementation, testing and ongoing support of Data and VoIP networking solutions according to ISD standards. Lead the second/third level remedial and proactive network analysis, management, and monitoring functions on networks within one or more Putnam locations by utilizing both manual and automated tools and techniques (including Network Instruments packet analyzer, CiscoWorks, CA Specturm, InfoBlox, Opsware, and others.) Candidate should be strongly versed in Cisco router, switching, firewalls, VoIP telephony and call center solutions.
This position requires a Bachelor Degree, requisite technical skills, 8 - 10 years of prior related experience and proven ability to lead large-scale LAN/WAN/Voice projects utilizing formal project management tools and techniques. Required to carry a pager for on-call tier 3 support 7x24 and will work weekends and evenings as necessary to maintain 7 day/24 hour voice/data communications networking.
Essential Skills Required:
- Technical, hands-on experience in LAN/WAN VoIP internetworking technology in the data, voice and video networking arenas including experience with the following hardware, software and communication protocols:
- 8 - 10 years experience with carrier services such as PRI/BRI, SONET, T1, Frame Relay, Digital Data circuits, modems, CSU?s, and multiplexors; voice technologies such as Cisco VoIP v8.5 IP Telephony and IP Call Center platforms , Cisco/Tandberg Video systems,
- TCP/IP, Source Route Bridging, Spanning Tree, ISL, QoS
- Cisco Call Manager, Nice Call recording
- Media: Gigabit Ethernet, 10/100BaseT, ATM, SONET, DWDM, Frame Relay, IPSec and VPN
- IP Routing Protocols: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
- Upper Layer Protocols: SNMP, TL1, HTTP, FTP, Telnet, DHCP, SSH, X-Windows, DNS
- Network Hardware: Cisco Routers: 7500 (including VIP2), 7200, 7000, RSM, MSFC, 3600, 2500 series; and Catalyst Switches: 6500; PIX Firewalls, Juniper, F5 Systems
- Network management tools such as CA Spectrum, CiscoWorks, InfoBlox,, Opsware, Spectrum
- Diagnostic tools such as Network instruments Sniffer, Fluke
- Remote access / dial up networking
- Aruba WLAN
- Proven ability to lead large-scale LAN/WAN/Voice projects utilizing formal project management tools and techniques.
- Applies high communication, documentation, organizational, and team leadership.
- Proven ability for supervisory and/or technical direction of 2-3 mid-level technical personnel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of recommendations for engineering improvements on network operation, performance, and the automation of manual processes, and day-to-day activities.
- Technical and Team Lead for, operational engineering, reconfigure and installation of data, VoIP communications hardware and software.
- Technical lead and staff technical skill development in the identification, diagnosis, isolation, and resolution of second and third level network troubles.
- Identify and utilize all statistical data from the management subsystems to oversee and manage voice/data network performance.
- Works closely with the engineering staff as required providing network performance characteristics, traffic analysis and network reengineering recommendations.
- Maintains testing and diagnostic devices for the voice/data communications network.
- Defines, develops, and implements procedural processes for network verification.
Putnam Investments - 20 months ago
Putnam Investments is a global money management firm with 75 years of investment experience.
Our broad range of investment products...