The ideal Data Network and Security Consultant will work with enterprise clients to advise them on transformational best practices for managing, operating, architecting, and engineering IP networks, data centers, cloud, and associated security solutions. Collect information from clients and vendors and then translate to recommend technical platforms and solutions that align with the clients business and Information Technology requirements needs. Consult with peers and clients on best practices for data network and security implementations and solutions as part of larger transformation engagement. Have the ability to understand the financial impact on technology designs and implementations. Act as a lead for consulting teams for resolution of complex technical and network integration issues as needed. Research and brief peers and client executives on evolving internet, cloud, IP and data network solutions and applications. Craft white papers and articles on next generation technologies and practices.
- Fifteen (15+) plus years of enterprise networking/IT industry experience
- Minimum of five (5+) years leading people and managing data network technologies and platforms at scale
- Strong technical consulting/customer service background, as well as excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple vendors in a highly outsourced IT environment;
- Knowledge of carrier contracts and agreements
- Understanding of budgets, operational expenses, and carrier invoices
- Extensive experience with technically complex network projects and implementations at scale
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with the following: DHCP, DNS, IP management tools, software defined networks, network management applications, use of IP networks with cloud, WAN/LAN topologies and services, MPLS, firewalls(next generation and current), compression/acceleration, proxies, concentrators, IP address tools, IDS/IPS, load balancing technology, IP(v6), protocols, QOS, BGP/EIGRP, and multimedia/VoIP solutions (e.g. SIP)
- M.S./ B.S. in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or other similar areas
- Tele-presence/video conferencing, Unified Communication (UC), or Session Border Controller experience
- Understanding of Big Data
- Understanding of wireless technology (4G, LTE, MDM, etc)
- Programming experience
Alsbridge was formed in 2005 through the merger of European-based BPO and shared services consultancy, ALS Consulting, and US-based...