ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield, and Star Wars, to name but a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that Anytime, Anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those leading their fields, and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
Data Platform Test Engineer
The EADP Data Group is responsible for developing a new unified Big Data pipeline across all franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform will incorporate data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization all built on a modern, cloud based tech stack with best-in-class tools. The Data Group will provide the tools and platform which powers the future state of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
We are looking for seasoned developers who are interested in working on a large scale distributed data system from the ground up for one of the most creative, innovative companies in technology.
- Help test and build a unified data platform across EA, spanning 20+ game studios as data sources
- Develop test procedures for Hadoop, Map/Reduce, ETL, SQL performance.
- Responsible for writing, executing and debugging SQL queries to perform data completeness, correctness, Data Transformation and Data Quality testing
- Test reporting systems that inform on key metrics, detect anomalies, and forecast future results
- Validate complex queries used to solve data mining problems
- Work closely with engineers, data modelers, business data analysts, and BI developers to understand requirements, validate results, and deliver to production
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of data collection, extraction, and storage processes
Familiarity with Big Data Tools a plus: Teradata, Informatica, Tableau, Microstrategy, SAS,
- 7+ Years testing experience
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Excellent SQL knowledge
- Experience with Automation Frameworks and writing automated scripts
- Development experience in Java/Python/Perl or any other main programming language
- Significant experience working with large-scale systems and data platforms/warehouses
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in Java/Python/Perl or any other main programming language
- Several years of software development experience, writing clean re-useable code, test-driven development, and continuous integration
- Experience with Performance testing a strong plus.
- Extensive experience with Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, or other NoSQL stacks a strong plus
- Fast prototyping skills, familiarity with scripting languages such as bash, perl, awk, python
- Experience working with Unit testing is a plus
- Experience with data modeling and BI tools is a plus
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly dynamic fast-paced environment
- Great communication, time-management, and teamwork skills
- 2 years ago - save job