Job Title: Data Processing Specialist (PM)
Location: St. Louis Park
Department: Data Processing
Reports To: Data Processing Supervisor
Data Processing Specialist (PM) – St Louis Park, MN
Citizens Independent Bank has an opening for a Data Processing Specialist (PM) at our St Louis Park location. The Data Processing Specialist is responsible for the operation of all data processing equipment in providing data and information to all departments of Citizens Independent Bank, data entry through various applications to ensure daily transactions are accurately keyed and balanced, processes daily bank transactions by performing critical end of day functions and performs production activities for supporting in-house document retention policies and procedures. This includes preparing documents for scanning, operating scanning equipment, assuring the quality control of corporate images and files and record retention.
- Maintain familiarity with all data processing equipment in order to operate accurately and efficiently.
- Supports implementation of imaging policies within the context of the organization’s overall technology plans.
- Performs data entry applications including amount keying, item repair and transaction balancing; accurately prepare deposit correction notices.
- Imports and exports files from one system application to another in order to process them.
- Verifies and processes FedForward and FedReturns files through the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Verifies and processes Remote Deposit files.
- ACH processing for both receiving and originating transactions.
- Completes document print requests.
- Operates statement-rendering equipment.
- Processes nightly End of Day including critical system backups.
- Prints and sorts daily reports.
- Provides technical support for branch capture.
- Communicates with branch personnel to correctly resolve transaction discrepancies.
- Receive, organize and prioritize departmental documentation for scanning and related production activities.
- Input documentation into corporate imaging systems via scanning devices.
- Ensure that image quality of scanned documents are appropriate and conform to company standards.
- Classify scanned documentation by type through data entry and field form indexing according to established company procedures and practices.
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information.
- Maintain all archives, including preparation of documents for Record Retention.
- Maintain organized Records Retention storage area.
- Notifies Data Processing Supervisor of any operational problems with the computers and scanners.
- Provides assistance to Customer Service by completing research requests.
- Make recommendations to the Data Processing Supervisor about possible methods to improve the department and its operations.
- Turn on alarms for assigned areas, as needed each evening.
- Must perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Position requires flexibility in scheduling to remain on duty until work is completed each day.
Experience & Education
- Must possess a basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong keyboarding skills and ability to operate a 10-key pad at a minimum of 10,000 keystrokes per hour. Intermediate computer skills required.
- Operate a PC and IBM iSeries computer.
- Ability to accurately perform multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work in order to meet critical deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail required.
- High understanding of confidentiality and data privacy laws.
- Banking experience in item processing preferred.
- Prior data entry experience.
- High school diploma required (Postgraduate studies in fields desirable).
Hours are 10:30 am to 7:15 pm, Monday through Friday. Must be able to stay until work is completed. Must be flexible to adjust work hours to meet the growing needs of the department.
About Citizens Independent Bank
Citizens Independent Bank is a community bank with four locations in St Louis Park, Robbinsdale, Hopkins, and Plymouth. Since the bank was chartered in 1949, CIB has dedicated itself to serving the community as well as its customers. We take to heart that local involvement and decision-making is how a bank should operate.
We are looking for employees who will uphold our values of honesty, integrity, social responsibility, and exceptional customer service. If you have these traits, we welcome you to apply.
At CIB, we take care of our people with a comprehensive benefits package that provides a safety net not only for today but also for your future. Eligible employees receive Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, 401(k), Education Reimbursement and more!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. EOE/AA