- A.A. in Computer Science/MIS/IS/Business or 2-4 years experience as a computer operator or help desk technician (in lieu of degree)
- Experience running Windows processes, scripts and batch jobs
- Strong knowledge of Windows-based software applications such as database access applications.
- Excellent customer support skills including being able to train end-users
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, and possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and its components, and be highly familiar with using electronic mail as a primary form of business
- Must be comfortable working as part of a team or alone on a project
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Environmental and Working Conditions
- Approximately 90% of work time is conducted in an office setting and approximately 10% may involve travel
- Travel varies based on project requirements.
LogistiCare is the nation's leading managed healthcare organization specializing in the management of healthcare transportation benefits. LogistiCare’s client base consists of state and local government agencies (Medicaid agencies, transit authorities, school boards), managed care organizations and hospitals. LogistiCare is not a provider of transportation vehicles (we do not physically own vehicles). Instead, LogistiCare manages a network of transportation providers and provides the administrative infrastructure to authorize services and provide billing and claims payment functionality allowing LogistiCare to offer a complete outsourcing solution to our clients.
We seek a Computer Operator/Data Processor to join our growing company.
The Computer Operator is responsible for the operation, support and training of software applications for LogistiCare. The Computer Operator runs and monitors computer processes such as data imports, data outputs, batch jobs and other software processes; and also aids Software Engineers in updating processes and ensuring they work correctly.
The Computer Operator also acts as a Help Desk Technician by processing and responding to software questions and issues raised by our customers. The Computer Operator may also be required to help document new software and train end-users as needed.
The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, work well with others, be responsive to users in the field, good at documenting and reporting on the success or failure of those processes and must be fluent with various computer systems and software applications. In addition, the candidate must be willing to seek help when they have questions or issues that need to be resolved.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- On a daily basis, runs assigned computer processes and documents the results of those processes.
- Works with software engineers to create and document new processes. Creates checklists for redundant tasks to ensure they are completed properly.
- Runs reports for management and other personnel
- Researches issues and helps follow up with end-users until their issues are resolved
- Updates software process documentation
LogistiCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Logisticare - 10 months ago
Compassion. Accuracy. Reliability. Efficiency.
Extra CARE makes all the difference...
There is more to non-emergency transportation...