This role is at the intersection of Big Data, Analytics, Data Science and Programming. You will be a key member of our data product teams working closely with many engineering and product teams at Twitter.
- You will design, develop and deliver robust and scalable reports and dashboards in order to track a variety of engineering and product metrics.
- Further, you will design and develop tools and systems that help teams develop deep and actionable insights into these metrics and associated products.
- You will also dive deep in data and use a mixture of analytical and visualization techniques to derive actionable information from data.
- You will make recommendations and influence the direction of product and business by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups.
- BS/MS/PhD in a quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, CS, OR, or related field).
- 3+ years of experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches (or equivalent).
- Hands-on programming skills in a scripting language such as Ruby or Python or a programming language such as Java. Experience in distributed systems is not necessary.
- Good intuition about products and how to track their success.
- Insights about presenting and summarizing data.
- Passion about relevance/search/recommendation tasks.
- Basic knowledge of evaluation. methodologies such as a/b testing.
- Basic knowledge of SQL / Hadoop is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Statistics/Machine Learning/Data Science tools is a plus.
Follow twitter.com/JoinTheFlock for more recruiting info.
Twitter is an online social networking service that enables users to send and read short 140-character messages called "tweets"....