We are seeking talented, energetic and self-driven individuals to join our Sponsored Links team that is part of the Advertising Technology group. The team owns systems that enhance user experience and improve monetization on Amazon's online & mobile properties, including Amazon.com, by showing relevant ads based on users' intent, context & behavior. Working with Amazon’s massive data repository, the team develops insights to power the systems that serve hundreds of millions of requests per day with stringent latency requirements in a fault-tolerant manner.
As a Data Sciences Lead, you will:
- Lead data science initiatives and a group of Data Sciences Engineers to deliver solutions that increase traffic monetization without compromising customer experience and balancing the impact to merchandise sales
- Perform hands-on data analysis and modeling with huge data sets to explore alternative designs
- Run regular A/B experiments, gather data, perform statistical analysis, draw conclusions on the impact of your optimizations and communicate results to peers and senior management
- Apply data mining techniques and machine learning to improve our targeting algorithms
- Work side-by-side with product managers and software engineers in designing experiments as well as developing long term product roadmaps
- Attract and recruit technical talent with PhD and Master's level educational backgrounds
- At least 5 years industry experience in performing A/B experiments, and applying Data Mining and Machine Learning techniques to solve business problems
- At least 3 years experience in leading large data analysis projects to increase monetization
- At least 3 years of experience with a statistical modeling tool such as R
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2 years of experience with a scripting language such as Python
- At least 2 years of experience with SQL and an RDBMS (such as Oracle) or Datawarehouse
- PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Background in keyword advertising
- Experience in managing researchers or data scientists
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Pig & Hive
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and solutions to all levels of the organization
A9 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What began as Earth's biggest bookstore has become Earth's biggest everything store. Expansion has propelled Amazon.com in...