Proteus Digital Health has created the world's most advanced health solution, integrating digitally enabled pharmaceuticals, 24/7 wearable physiologic monitors and web/mobile technologies. The Proteus system enables individuals, care-givers and health care professionals to make data-driven health decisions, changing the paradigm of care. Proteus will soon amass one of the largest therapeutic and mulit-variate physiologic databases in the world and is looking for a 'Data Sciences Manager' to manage the development of the infrastructure, software tools and algorithms to turn this massive data set into insights that help drive health outcomes.
We are looking for a hands-on technical manager to define, coordinate and lead complex data sciences projects in the health/wellness space. You will work with multiple data sources, including Proteus' proprietary ingestible and wearable sensors. Responsibilities will include exploratory data analysis, data visualization, and developing prototypes and metrics to drive product and business decisions. Your mandate is to drive positive patient outcomes through insights derived from novel analytics.
- Hands-on manager/scientist who enjoys using latest technologies & algorithms to solve challenging problems.
- A technical leader who will lead by example and mentor a development team.
- Work closely with product and cross-functional technical teams to define a data sciences strategy and roadmap.
- Write copious amount of elegant code and provide hands-on guidance to the rest of the engineering team.
- 5+ years work experience or Ph.D./M.S. in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science or other relevant Engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated track record for delivering projects on time while exceeding expectations and scope.
- A successful candidate will have deep experience in applying machine learning and statistics toward understanding structured and unstructured data.
- Mastery of machine learning and data mining: classification, clustering, time-series analysis, recommender systems. Must be comfortable with working with real data.
- Proficient with statistical or numerical analysis tools (R, Matlab, Python)
- Experience with Java, SQL, No-SQL. A big plus if you can build simple web front ends to demo new data-based features
- Strong experience in developing data-driven platform technologies, including: data modeling, data collection and aggregation, data mining, and analytics
- A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to develop and apply complex analytics to difficult or novel problems
- Entrepreneurial nature with an appreciation for business opportunities and a strong passion for solving difficult problems
- A well rounded software professional with expertise in agile and lean development methodologies
Proteus Digital Health - 14 months ago