Support the actuaries and senior modelers to develop and implement predictive modeling solutions and commercial applications both internally and for our clients across the globe. Enhance understanding of the industry, products, markets, modeling applications and RGA. Communicate key findings from analyses (with an effective, audience-specific approach) to the division’s senior management team and key stakeholders from other departments and/or clients.
- Modeling : Assist / support the development of statistical models of mortality, morbidity, persistency, fraud, consumer response, etc. for use internally or externally by preparing model data, understanding data and objectives, running & refining models and preparing the results. Provide internal and external clients with an expert review of vendor and/or client-generated models.
- Commercial Applications : Assist / support in the development of commercial applications of predictive models for use in underwriting, claims, risk management and/or projections.
- Subject Matter Expertise / Client Contact : Develop subject matter expertise in the insurance application of predictive modeling and advanced data analytics. Develop knowledge of insurance products, markets, processes and challenges. Support clients as needed.
- Collaboration / Communication : Collaborate with local offices in support of various predictive modeling projects. Develop verbal and oral communication skills whenever possible.
- Actively participate in other research-related initiatives6. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as required.
Job Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Finance, Economics or related field, or equivalent experience·
- 2+ years of actuarial experience or in developing statistical models for insurance or related applications
- Advanced PC and technical skills, including statistical programs (ex.: R, SAS, MATLAB, Gauss), spreadsheets (VBA) and database applications (Access, Oracle, SQL or equivalent technology).
- Intermediate knowledge in econometrics, statistics, math and/or computational finance.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
- Ability to participate in department/team projects and balance detail with departmental objectives
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Takes initiative and is accountable
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Statistics, Actuarial Science, Business, Finance, Economics, or related field·
- 1+ years of experience with statistical modeling for insurance (GLM, Decision Trees, Time Series, Regression, etc.)
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional and technical disciplines
- Investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of actuarial concepts including mortality, morbidity, and persistency studies.
- Ability to resolve conflict and foster teamwork
- Experience with R, SAS, MATLAB or Gauss.·
- Knowledge of SQL and VBA.·
- Knowledge of insurance risk analysis.·
- Experience in computational finance, econometrics, statistics and math.
Reinsurance Group of America - 13 months ago