C3 Energy offers smart grid analytics SaaS solutions that enable utilities to realize the full promise of their investments in the smart grid. The C3 Energy Analytics platform is unique in its ability to integrate massive amounts of disparate data, apply sophisticated multilayered analytics, and provide highly usable portals that generate actionable real-time insights. Our enterprise-wide approach provides utilities with end-to-end system visibility across supply-side and demand-side smart grid operations.
C3 Energy is looking for data scientists to discover, develop and implement the next generation of analytics for the smart grid. We are building a platform able to handle the extremely large amount of data generated by the entire grid and need you to make sense of it.
In this capacity, you will participate in the definition of new analytics capabilities able to provide our customers with the information they need to make proper decisions to support our customers in operating the smart grid. In addition, you will help find the appropriate machine learning / data mining algorithms to answer these questions. Finally, you will be responsible for implementing this into the product and making it available to our customers.
Qualified candidates will have an in-depth knowledge of most common machine learning techniques and their application. You will also understand the limitations of these algorithms and how to tweak them or derive from them to achieve similar results at large-scale.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent fields, MS or PhD preferred
- Applied Machine Learning experience (regression analysis, time series, probabilistic models, supervised and unsupervised classification)
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, probability and statistics)
- Experience with scalable ML (MapReduce, streaming)
- Knowledge in electrical engineering and smart grid is a plus
- A portfolio of projects (GitHub, papers, etc.) is a plus
- Smart, motivated, can do attitude, and seeks to make a difference
- Excellent verbal and written communication
C3 Energy provides a competitive compensation package:
· Competitive salary
· Generous stock options
· Medical, dental, and vision benefits
· Fully stocked kitchen with Table Tennis and Pool
· Free Gym membership
· Fun team filled with some great people
. Friday evening social hours with food, drink and music
C3 Energy, Inc. - 12 months ago