Reporting to the Manager of the Big Data Team, you will perform data analysis, develop algorithms and predictive models, and deliver reports for a broad audience. This position will apply algorithms and modeling tools to a variety of data assets and develop critical solutions for multiple areas of the business. Data Analysts work with a dynamic and passionate team of experienced data scientists and other professionals.
Key Responsibilities / Main Activities include:
Develop statistical models and methodologies to predict, quantify, and evaluate various business metrics. Provide expertise and assistance in integrating advanced analytics working with leadership teams to find best in class business solutions.
Key Skills / Knowledge:
• Evaluate key performance metrics and evaluate trends.
• Deliver business differentiating analytics:
• Deliver timely, relevant, useful, and accurate analytics reports with data based inferences to stakeholders.
• Identify reporting and data gaps needed to fully evaluate customer requests, and work with the rest of the Data Scientists to implement.
• Continuously identify opportunities to better meet business needs.
• Reporting experience, ideally using MySQL or other DBMS
• Data-mining experience
• Aptitude for learning new technologies as needed for better system efficiency
• BS/BA in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, CS, Econometrics or equivalent/related degree.
• 2+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of leveraging data analysis to drive significant business impact preferred. (Experience can be at college/university)
• Above average capabilities with basic analysis tools of Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Word, & Access).
• Ability to quickly learn and gain deep understanding of business processes.
• Ability to perform thorough analysis of complex data, draw sound conclusions, and devise actionable strategies.
• Knowledge/experience in regression analysis.
• SQL proficiency
• Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a highly dynamic environment.
• Detail oriented with proven analytical, problem identification and resolution skills.
• Ability to work effectively in an unstructured and fast-paced environment, and have a high degree of self-management.
• Proven interpersonal, communication and presentation skills – must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience.
• Extremely detail oriented with superior analytical, problem solving, pragmatism and organization skills.