EnerNOC, a leading provider of demand response and energy efficiency solutions, has an immediate need for a Data Scientist to join our world-class Engineering organization. As part of the newly created Data Science, Analytics and Visualization (DSAV) Group within Engineering, focusing squarely on big data, algorithm development, deep analytics, and master data management, EnerNOC is seeking a creative technologist as Data Scientist to join our talented and passionate team. The Data Scientist role would drive discovery and execution of smart and innovative algorithms and analytics to deliver data-driven products and applications, and will report to the Director of DSAV, and located in Boston.
As a Data Scientist at EnerNOC, you are expected to be highly analytical and business-savvy individual who has a deep understanding of algorithms, statistical models, data mining and machine learning techniques, and have ability to apply them by leveraging big data (real time, structured and unstructured, historical data set) and relational tools and technologies. You are also expected to be excited at the opportunities to find creative solutions to EnerNOC's big data challenges and thrive and drive new solutions. The ideal candidate such as yourself is also expected to drive results within a strong, cross-functional team by demonstrating strong leadership skills and working closely with those around them. Top-flight communication, team collaboration, project management, and analytical skills coupled with excellent work ethic, and passion for a change, are essential.
- Responsible for discovery, development and integration of predictive models and algorithms to drive execution of data-driven products and applications.
- Responsible for understanding ground truth, creating training models, devise new statistical models, focus on big data using machine learning techniques around domain specific and domain independent data.
- Design and evaluate novel approaches for handling high volume real time data set. Work with large structured and unstructured data sets.
- Responsible for defining data requirements and gathering and validating information, applying judgment and statistical tests. Ability to Prototype code for the newly researched methods to support the integration of new algorithms into our big data platform.
- Drive the creation of a data analytics strategy and roadmap through collaboration with product management and engineering. Willingness to Present ideas and solutions at conferences, speaking engagements, and in white papers.
- Work collaboratively with Big data and BI teams and drive data and analytics solutions.
- Work collaboratively with UX and UI teams to provide data visualization capabilities.
- Work collaboratively with various internal stakeholders (product, product marketing, sales, marketing, data quality, energy markets) and help them meet their data, analytic and data visualization needs. Serves as a go-to person through execution when it comes to algorithm, predictions, and deep analytics.
- Ph.D. (preferred) or Masters Degree (Desired) in an area with strong statistical or machine learning focus (e.g. Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Econometrics).
- A minimum 10 years industry experience (of which 5 years spent on predictive algorithm design and development) working with large and complex data sets and predictive analytics. Must be an out of the box thinker and the work experience must collaborate that. Working in Energy Industry is desired.
- Must have hands-on experience in Machine learning, Simulation, Bayesian Analysis, Evolutionary Computing, Neural Networks, Decision Trees, Hyper graphs, Random Forests, Support Vector Machine and Advanced mathematics.
- Must possess hands-on experience in a wide range of analytic capabilities including aggregation, statistical analysis, regression, time series analysis, clustering, multivariate regression analysis, Monte Carlo Methods
- Experience with big data and Relational technologies (Hadoop, NoSQL, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, HBase, MongoDB, Oracle) is desired
EnerNOC is a leading provider of energy intelligence software and related solutions. EnerNOC unlocks the full value of energy management for utility and commercial, institutional, and industrial (C&I) customers by delivering a comprehensive suite of demand-side management services that reduce real-time demand for electricity, increase energy efficiency, improve energy supply transparency in competitive markets, and mitigate emissions. EnerNOC’s Utility Solutions™ offerings, which include both implementation and consulting services, are helping hundreds of utilities and grid operators worldwide meet their demand-side management objectives. EnerNOC serves thousands of commercial, institutional, and industrial customers worldwide through a suite of energy management applications including: DemandSMART™, comprehensive demand response; EfficiencySMART™, continuous energy savings; and SupplySMART™, energy price and risk management. EnerNOC’s Network Operations Center (NOC) offers 24x7x365 customer support. For more information, visit www.enernoc.com . EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
EnerNOC - 6 months ago
Working Toward a Clean Energy Future!
Charting the future of energy takes a different kind of corporation. EnerNOC is one of the leading...