Our mission is to let people discover and share content in beautiful and simple ways.
Headed by Mike McCue, former CEO of Tellme, and Evan Doll, former Senior iPhone Engineer at Apple, Flipboard is inspired by the beauty and ease of print media and combined with the power of social media, helps inform, entertain and inspire people every day.
The company is based in Palo Alto, California and backed by legendary investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byer, Index Ventures and Insight Venture Partners.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the Flipboard Growth & Engagement team. Candidates should be experienced in both quantitative analysis and software engineering.
- Identify potential high-impact growth insights. Design and carry out quantitative investigations, and share back to the larger team.
- Define, develop, and maintain key models of user behavior.
- Build and maintain aspects of the data pipeline.
- Be an expert on data science and statistical methods for growth engineers. Actively advise in their experiments.
- Hone data intuition and use it to advise other Flipboard teams on their activities.
- Create tools that benefit other data customers to share datasets, share queries, and backfill data more easily.
- Develop best practices for instrumentation and experimentation.
- Influence roadmap for building scalable data solutions and scalable data warehouse environment.
Why Join Flipboard
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems with applied statistics, data mining, and data visualization.
- Strong familiarity with relational databases like SQL and Redshift, and non-relational databases like Hive.
- Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R.
- Experience working with large data sets and experience working with distributed computing tools such as MapReduce.
- Proficiency in programming. Experience with Java or Python/Ruby is a plus.
- A flexible approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision.
- Ability to communicate complex analysis in a clear manner. Affinity for working with a broad group of people, ranging in technical ability.
- Experience with user acquisition, activation, retention, engagement, reactivation a plus.
- Passion and curiosity for understanding user behavioral data
- Comfortable within a fast-moving startup environment.
- MS or PhD in a relevant technical field, or equivalent experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- Build a product that millions use and love every day, transforming how people discover, browse and share media. By joining Flipboard now, our startup culture will enable you to learn and grow while shaping the product, the company, resulting in the most impactful work of your career.
- Team-up with cutting-edge thought leaders from Apple, Google, Netflix, Adobe, Ellerdale, Sony, Ning, Tellme, Microsoft, Time Inc. & Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia to help grow the world's first social magazine across multiple platforms.
- CEO, Mike McCue is a creative visionary experienced at building innovative products and companies (acquired by Netscape & Microsoft).
- Collaborative teams work together with strong purpose and vision. “Mock O’clock” held each week serves as a forum for team members to demo new ideas and projects.
- Pick your equipment: we provide your choice of computers, screens, tablets, and peripherals.
- Flipboard’s HQ is an open, beautifully converted art studio centrally located in the heart of downtown Palo Alto.
- Compensation including base, equity, plus generous, comprehensive benefits
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Vision, dental, life, and health insurance
- Unlimited “out of office time” for holidays, vacation, sick leave, and personal or family needs
- Flexible hours
- Subsidized commuter programs
- Beer Fridays: casual team & friend meet-ups at Flipboard HQ
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies- you name it, we celebrate it.
- Flipboard Sports- Basketball team, certified rock climbers, biking, or anything you’d like to organize.
- Lots of snacks (healthy and otherwise).
Flipboard - 10 months ago
Flipboard is your personal magazine. It's the most popular way to catch up on the news you care about, discover amazing things from around...