Job Description: Data Scientist
InsightsOne is a dynamic startup in the Big Data space focused on delivering cloud-based predictive analytics for enterprises. The company is backed by a premier venture firm, has a reputed founding team and already has marquee customers and an early product in production. InsightsOne offers a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join an early stage company to develop advanced algorithms for big data applications in a market that is seeing tremendous opportunity. We are looking for highly motivated people, who will thrive in a fast paced environment that requires delivering high quality results, teamwork, pragmatic innovation, and quick learning.
We are looking for a star data scientist to join our team. The person would be responsible for developing analytical techniques for analyzing huge volumes of data, both structured and unstructured, to provide insights and actionable information using a combination of traditional statistical models and new machine learning techniques. The algorithms will be built on top of the very scalable InsightsOne platform, which is built on top of Hadoop.
The position reports to the Chief Scientist.
InsightsOne is located in Santa Clara and offers competitive benefits.
· Develop new algorithms to analyze large volumes of structured and unstructured data.
· Work closely with product management and engineering leads to productize the algorithms to address real world data.
· Work with a variety of data from different verticals and adapt the algorithms to new problems and data types.
· Work with marketing to publicize the technology, including writing papers, making presentations, etc.
· Experience in working on predictive algorithms with real customer data.
· Hands-on experience in using predictive techniques, such as logistic regression, Naïve Bayes, SVM, decision trees and neural networks.
· Experience with a commercial analytical package such as SAS or SPSS.
· Good understanding of algorithms and data structures and the ability to implement scalable algorithms with large amounts of data in Perl, Java or C++.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Education and Experience
· MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science or Statistics (or equivalent experience)
· Min. 3 years of experience with real world data.