Lyft is solving some incredibly interesting bleeding-edge technology problems right now. Because of the realtime marketplace that we have created, our data scientists are working on some truly fun and exciting optimization problems that we'd love your help with. We're seeking candidates that are excited about applying their analytical skills to solving problems that delight users every day.
The Problems You’ll be Solving
The data science and analytics team is Lyft's Research and Development arm. We're involved in almost every part of the business, using data and modeling to optimize everything from how we match drivers and passengers to selecting Lyft's next market. We need talented researchers and engineers to draw new insights from our data. If you have quantitative experience and superb communication skills for advising less technical co-workers, you'll fit right in. Our idea of a good day is bringing rigorous analytical methods to creatively address seemingly intractable problems. If that sounds familiar, we want you on our team.
- 2+ years professional experience
- Proven achievements derived from your research and data analysis skills
- Experience with all stages of the data analysis pipeline, from querying (e.g. SQL/Pig) to statistical analysis
- Desire to join a collaborative work environment
- Bonus points: experience with mathematical optimization, machine learning, spatial statistics, and data visualization
Lyft - 19 months ago
Lyft is your friend with a car. Drivers are matched with passengers who request rides through the Lyft iPhone or Android app. Drivers are...