You will be a
senior research scientist diving into the areas of machine learning, information extraction, search and retrieval, recommendation systems, and social networks.
You will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of product managers, engineers, and analysts to define, collect, and apply your data-science ideas to improve user experience, optimize ad returns, and ensure better return on investments for our Manta customers.
You must be passionate to build, deploy, and evaluate high-impact big-data algorithms.
You will tackle the challenges in the areas of machine learning, recommendation systems, text mining, natural language processing, data-quality and big data.
Some of the fun includes: data harvesting from external sources, data record de-duplication, data curation, automatic classification, customer segmentation, spam/fraud detection, opinion mining, entity recognition and linking, and recommendation systems.
What you need know:
Variety of technology to get the job done:
- PhD or MS [with 8 years of experience] in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or information
- You must be a senior researcher with experience in the areas of data mining, statistical modeling, natural language processing, and big data analytics.
- You must be creative and persistent with your ideas.
- Have a product vision, set the data-science strategy, instrument and capture data points,
formulate algorithms, develop
, and measure key performance indicators.
- Be aware of the state-of-the-art methods in machine learning and recommend actionable goals to management.
Bonus points given for:
- Systems development experience in Java, Scala, .NET, C++ or any other Object Oriented Programming language
- Experience with both SQL and NOSQL databases.
- Equal appetite to design and develop both heuristic and statistical algorithms.
- Information retrieval and analysis libraries like Lucene and SOLR.
- Machine learning models – regression, classification, clustering, and recommendation systems.
- Data mining toolkits like Weka, Mahout, R, and NLTK.
- Information extraction toolkits like GATE, OpenNLP, and OpenCalais
- Experience with Hadoop, HPCC, and MPP software stack.
What's in it for you:
- Experience with Pig, Hive, HBase
- Experience with graph databases, graph algorithms
- Social networking area is a big plus!
- Experience building nearline analytical systems
- A strong publication record
What's it like to work at Manta:
- Your work matters here! We're not making more money for an insurance company or a bank, but regular people making business decisions at their kitchen table... the work you do affects the small business owners and their families.
- Your work is seen by 30 million+ unique visitors each month. We are one of THE most trafficked sites on the web today - Manta gets more traffic than The New York Times, CNN and Apple!
- Everything you do affects the Manta web site and is impactful! Come join a collaborative, cross-functional team environment!
Ready to apply?
- Up-beat, entrepreneurial environment where the norm is wearing jeans, t-shirts, and sneakers every single day!
- Extremely Talented People who like to turn up the heat on the Ping-Pong table!
- FREE Snacks! Healthy Hummus and carrot sticks - Red Licorice - Candy bars - AND bags of chips!
Email your resume to:
Manta - 17 months ago