Do you love to be challenged? Are you intrigued by cool technology, and doing things that no one has done before? Would you like to work with a company that is a leader in the fast-growing mobile market?
Millennial Media is seeking a dynamic, creative Data Scientist to join our team. The Data Scientist will utilize their MA/MS/PhD degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or a related discipline, and 2+ years of professional experience to develop statistical and data models in the mobile media market. They will play a crucial role in advancing Millennial Media’s advertising and data platform, enjoying both designing solutions as well as working hands-on, deep in the data.
You are the right person if you are a skilled data analyst who is just plain wicked smart. We’re not looking for just the average analyst – where looking for super smart people. You are a creative, focused, and technically curious. You don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to get the job done. You are a self-starter, problem-solver, strong writer, and creative thinker. You are ready to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment and are never be satisfied with mediocre work or missed deadlines or opportunities. You are ready for the challenge of joining Millennial Media!
Duties & Responsibilities
- Apply statistical and data mining techniques to provide insight into audience intelligence data.
- Develop statistical and data models for the purposes of inference and prediction.
- Communicate technical issues and solutions with the team and others in the company.
- Work closely with the audience intelligence team to identify solutions to current production issues, while also working on longer-term analytical problems.
- Ability to apply statistical theory and techniques to the analysis of media audience data
- Knowledge and application of statistical and data mining techniques such as Bayesian models, random forests, neural networks, and recommendation systems
- Ability to communicate and document statistical analyses and methods in a logical and understandable manner for internal and external audiences
- Experience manipulating and analyzing complex high volume data sets in a distributed environment is a plus
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or related discipline required
- 2 years of experience in data mining, information retrieval, analytics, or related field required
- 2 years’ experience with SQL, relational database design and methods for efficiently retrieving data from databases preferred
- Experience with statistical software such as Matlab, R, SAS, SPSS, is a plus
- Experience implementing analytical algorithms in object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C++ or Python is a plus
- Exposure to non-SQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, etc is a plus
Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Millennial Media is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer .