PlaceIQ in New York City.
We are a rapidly growing venture funded ‘Big Data’ business pursuing a tremendous opportunity to become the market leader in the exploding location intelligence marketplace.
PlaceIQ transforms time and location into context through a deep analysis of large amounts of often unstructured, unrelated, location based data including photos, place data, event data, digital and social data. This anonymous location context is used across a wide variety of markets, including our primary market, mobile advertising optimization.
We are hiring a Data Scientist to join our team.
The candidate will analyze PlaceIQ hyperlocal data sources to develop accurate predictions of audience and behavior. A mixture of analytical approaches will be employed including raw data mining (sql, nosql and programmatic approaches), data visualization, rules and supervised / unsupervised machine learning.
We deal with extremely large data sets requiring the design and development of highly memory and cpu efficient methods. We use a mixture of commercial, open source and home grown solutions. This role will require familiarity with tools such as R and languages such as Python.
Experience with horizontally scaling statistical algorithms via parallel processing methods is a plus. Experience with geospatial tools is a plus.
• Raw data analysis – assessing quality, cleansing, structuring for downstream processing
• Design and prototype of accurate and scalable prediction processes and programs
• Functional and technical documentation of designs
• Collaboration with software development team to implement software
• Oversight of production systems – monitor accuracy and performance, resolve issues
• Communication of results to partners and customers
• Creative and pragmatic analyst with a passion for understanding audience location and behavior
• Problem solving – ability to identify issues quickly and rapidly determine root cause and effective resolution approach
• Data analysis – very solid data analysis skills including application of analytical techniques such as statistics, graphical analysis, mathematical modeling and hypothesis testing
• Data management – familiarity with sql, nosql and programmatic techniques for manipulating data
• Business solution development – ability to ramp quickly on marketing / audience domain
• Software development - fundamental coding skills enabling building of small scripts and applications to implement support personal analytical work and develop prototypes for core company systems
• Communication - excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical individuals
• Execution - ability to manage own time and work effectively with others on projects. Working efficiently and delivering on commitments.
Education / Experience
• Bachelors degree in Statistics/Applied Math/Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience required
• Masters degree in Statistics, Applied Math strongly desired
• 2+ years relevant job experience
Compensation in cash and equity commensurate with the opportunity.
PlaceIQ - 19 months ago