Duties and Responsibilities |
We ’re looking for a smart, driven, and skilled data scientist to play a key role in our high-performance, agile development team. You will have the opportunity to work with a great team on cutting-edge ‘big data ’ analysis software
Your job will be to work in an agile software development team environment to deliver high-quality software on time and on budget. This will include the following key activities:
- Develop detailed use cases and write user documentation for ‘big data ’ analytics functionality
- Bring a user perspective to feature teams to help refine feature design
- Participate in reviewing and testing documentation
- Participate in testing of software features
- Participate in developing documentation standards and processes that will improve customer experience, contribute to team productivity, and enhance the product release process.
- Work with software developers, QA engineers, and build and release engineers as needed to complete the software development process.
- Work with product management, marketing and sales as needed to promote sales and to incorporate market and customer feedback
- M.S. or higher in Statistics, Econometrics, Operations Research, Data Mining, Biostatistics or other applied data analytics field, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience with the R programming language; experience with S-SPLUS, SAS, SPSS, and MATLAB a plus
- Extensive demonstrated experience using a variety of data analytic methods to solve real life predictive analytics problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate with data scientists and software engineers
- Experience writing technical documentation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to learn new technologies
- Strong technical, leadership, and team collaboration skills
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative, leading, advocating and seeing issues and projects through to resolution.
- Experience working in Windows and Linux environments; experience with clusters/grids preferred (e.g., Microsoft HPC Server and/or Linux cluster job schedulers)
- Experience working with databases a plus
- Good knowledge of Hadoop technology stack (Map reduce, HIVE/PIG, etc) a plus
- Experience with incident tracking tools (e.g. JIRA) and continuous integration tools (e.g., Jenkins) a plus
Revolution Analytics - 10 months ago