Rosetta Stone builds data driven products designed to achieve meaningful outcomes for our learners. We have large volumes of data and the ability to instrument applications to get new and different types of data and we’re committed to understanding and using that data to creating effective, efficient, and engaging learning experiences.
As a Rosetta Stone Data Scientist, you’ll apply your brilliant statistical analysis, data mining, and visualization/communication skills to help understand how our learners learn, to design interventions and measure their impact, and ultimately help our learners succeed. You should be passionate about finding insights in data and using quantitative analysis to answer complex questions. You should have a strong background in statistics and modeling, machine learning, and working with large datasets.
If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
The position is full-time and can be based in our San Francisco, Austin, Boulder, Arlington or Harrisonburg offices.
• Develop a deep and intuitive mastery over all available data, mining it and manipulating it to produce actionable insights.
• Build complex statistical models that learn from and scale to petabytes of data.
• Extract business value from your work by collaborating with product, engineering, and management teams to deliver working solutions.
• MS or PhD in Statistics, Math, Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science, or another quantitative discipline.
• Experience with large-scale data analysis and modeling using tools like Hadoop (Hive, Pig, Scalding, etc.), R, Matlab, and scripting languages like Python and Ruby.
• Experience using discrete math, probability, and statistics to answer complex questions.
• Experience in mapping business needs to engineering systems.
• Three or more years of industry experience is a plus.
• Passion for education and language learning.
Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
Everything we do at Rosetta Stone revolves around a simple idea: learning a language should be fun, easy and effective.