Clearance Level: Clearable
Desired Education: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
Technica Corp is seeking a Data Scientist who will be a hands-on senior research expert diving into the areas of machine learning, information extraction, search and retrieval, recommendation systems, and social networks.
This individual will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team, engineers, and analysts to define, collect, and apply data-science ideas to improve user experience. The ideal candidate will be passionate to build, deploy, and evaluate high-impact big-data algorithms.
They will address challenges in the areas of machine learning, recommendation systems, text mining, natural language processing, data-quality, data harvesting from external sources, data record de-duplication, data curation, automatic classification, customer segmentation, spam/fraud detection, opinion mining, entity recognition and linking.
- 8+ years of experience with Master’s Degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or similar field. Ph.D preferred
- Systems development experience in Java, C++ or any other Object Oriented Programming language
- Experience with both SQL and NOSQL databases
- Information retrieval and analysis libraries like Lucene and SOLR
- Machine learning models – regression, classification, clustering, and recommendation systems
- Data mining toolkits like Weka, Mahout, R, and NLTK
- Information extraction toolkits like GATE, OpenNLP, and OpenCalais
- Experience with Hadoop, HPCC, and MPP software stack
- Must be a senior researcher with experience in the areas of data mining, statistical modeling, natural language processing, and big data analytics
- Experience with Pig, Hive, HBase
- Experience with graph databases, graph algorithms
- Must be creative and persistent with your ideas
- Have a product vision, set the data-science strategy, instrument and capture data points, formulate algorithms, develop, and measure key performance indicators.
- Be aware of state-of-the-art methods in machine learning and recommend actionable goals to management
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.