This position will work with a team of Business Intelligence and Data Architecture professionals in addition to key decision-makers as a data-driven advisor and partner on strategic issues. The candidate will conduct ad-hoc statistical analyses, data mining, apply and test models, run test/control scenarios and present results and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audience. The candidate desirably should combine business acumen and deep analytical skills to drive impactful insights for the various business units of Velti.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Perform detailed data exploration and validation to separate genuine phenomena from spurious anomalies (e.g., outlier detection).
- Develop, implement, and evaluate complex statistical models to predict or describe user behavior and campaign patterns (e.g., segmentation, propensity scoring, revenue projections per user segment, survival analysis, attribution modeling).
- Work with BI analysts in the various business units to design and analyze structured experiments to understand/measure the effects of changes in various campaign factors driven by the developed models.
- Present new insights and analyses that inform decisions and help Velti’s continued success in developing innovative solutions in engaging people participating in the various campaign programs.
- Collaborate across functions to design and deploy our next generation analytics system
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist and demonstrated employment of a variety of analytical methods using applied statistics and data mining according to the corresponding business objectives.
- Minimum of 3 years of a professional level enterprise Data Science experience, for a company of similar size and complexity. Working experience in the fields of Mobile Advertising, Mobile Marketing, Internet, Media, Social or Online Gaming preferred.
- Experience with Ad Server, DSP (Demand Side Platform), DMP (Data Management Platform), Ad Exchange, and RTB (Real-time bidding) is a huge plus
- Thorough knowledge of supervised and unsupervised modeling techniques
- Ability to communicate clearly, in non-technical language the impact of the data modeling results to non-technical business stakeholders and decision makers.
- Employ and share with Velti BI teams, best practices to promote collaboration, knowledge and skills development.
- Deep knowledge of classical statistical methods, Bayesian analysis, machine learning and data mining.
- Expert knowledge of R or Matlab is required.
- Proficiency in data management, SQL and shell scripting.
- Experience working with large data sets, using analytical databases (Vertica, Paraccel) is an advantage, working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.) is plus
- Attention to detail, data accuracy and quality of output.
- MS or PhD in applied statistics, mathematics, economics, or a related quantitative field.
- Curious about big data problems and just about anything else.
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Hands on, results-driven who can work with extreme efficiency, excited to learn new things and effective problem solver.
Velti - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard