This position requires an applicant to have an active security clearance or be clearable
Candidate will ensure the information stored on (and/or transmitted via) ARBA computers or networks is not disclosed to unwanted parties or modified inadvertently and will also create and maintain data security systems.
Candidate will implement procedures for monitoring the use of ACTS-related data files and to regulate access, in order to safeguard information in computer files.
Candidate will also develop specifications for any required encryption of data transmissions and data stored electronically by ARBA and will ensure appropriate firewalls are erected to conceal confidential information as it is being transmitted.
If the data is compromised, candidate will be responsible for repairing the damage and taking measures to seal the security hole that enabled the data compromise.
Candidate will also compile data for cyber forensics following a breach, as required.
Additional candidate responsibilities:
- Installation and maintenance of security software
- Instructing computer users on security
- Bachelor's degree or related experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security.
- 3+ years' solid hands-on technical experience in IS, security standards and architectural reviews.
- Strong technical, analytical, and documentation skills and proven experience in access control.
- Solid working knowledge of all MS Operating Systems and OS level Security (Windows, Unix,)
- Experience in DLP, SEM, multi-factor authentication systems, and anti-virus/anti-malware detection software.
- Experience with hacker techniques and network/OS security principles.
- Sound business judgment, critical thinking, presentation, and superior communications skills.
- Practical problem-solving skills and solid trouble-shooting skills.
- Off-hour availability during security incidents and operational emergencies.
- Cyber security training or related certifications (CISM, CISSP, SSCP, ITIL, GIAC, or Security+) are desired.