Our growing, profitable technology company is looking for a Data Specialist to fill our newly created position. The Data Specialist is responsible for the analytics, uploading, and maintenance of our provider location data into the Nitel databases/systems. This includes adding new provider data, updating current provider data, evaluating changes, and resolving data conflicts. Serious candidates should submit a cover letter including salary requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Update and manage pricing and product data across all systems, resources and forms.
- Normalize and maintain carrier location and Point-Of-Presence (POP) spreadsheets from various carriers as well as perform necessary updates the POP lookup tool.
- Handle all day to day issue and error resolution within our pricing tools.
- SKU creation, management and testing for Instant Quote products in our pricing tools.
- Create and manage flat files of pricing data for all products (customer and internal facing).
- Perform other ad hoc reporting, data sorting / normalizing and analysis tasks as necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in a related industry working with data.
- Understanding of database concepts, particularly data normalization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with proven ability to multitask in a high paced environment.
- Keen attention to detail, and ability to identify and rectify discrepancies in company data.
- Expertise in MS Excel and MS Access. Experience in SQL is a plus.
- Proven problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Highly responsive, self-motivated and able to act on own initiative.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.