Under general supervision from the Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH) Information Technologies (IT) manager (Sr. Administrative Analyst Supervisor) the incumbent is responsible for the administration of the Residential Services information system, including entry, analysis and auditing to ensure integrity of data. Implements modifications based on this analysis. Acts as liaison to offices of the ARCH Community (Associated Residential Community Housing) staff in implementing Housing Services information systems. Develops controls to ensure accuracy and integrity of data. Coordinates and trains ARCH staff in the use of the Residential Management System (RMS) software package. Maximize office efficiency and productivity by utilizing hardware and software to automate systems and procedures. Responsible for administration of Conference Programmer including analysis and auditing to ensure integrity of data.
Implements modifications based on this analysis and is responsible for design and web implementation for online registrations. The Residential Services information systems (RMS) includes over 9,400 undergraduate residence hall and apartment spaces for six UCSD college campus communities and approximately 3,000 spaces for grad and family housing. Program management requires budgetary analysis of student housing services from proprietary housing information systems data. This information provides analyses, management, and evaluation of the impact of changes to HDH modules within campus software (ISIS) in relation to batch processing, reporting, system controls, fee assessments and provides direction to computer programmers in enhancing campus software (ISIS).
UC San Diego Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH) is a self funded, large, and complex campus department consisting of 9 divisions, with more than 550 career employees, 600-700 student employees and an annual operating budget of $100 million. HDH provides housing for nearly 12,000 undergraduates, transfer students, grad students, faculty, staff and their families. Currently, HDH houses 38% of UC San Diego's enrolled students with a goal of housing 50% in the near future. HDH also provides maintenance and repair, contract meals/meal plan management, as well as retail food service, conference services, and catering services to student residents, faculty, staff, and campus visitors. Must be able to work overtime or alternate work schedule as workload requires.
Please click here to see the Housing Dining Hospitality websites - http://hds.ucsd.edu/ and http://hdh.ucsd.edu .
~Must also be able to travel off-campus or out of state to attend meetings, conferences, and/or training seminars.
- Solid knowledge of data processing principles, practices, terminology and their application.
Proven ability to synthesize processing requirements and data into effective schedules, processes, programs, and reports into solutions for system failures and malfunctions.
- Expertise with the implementation of large database systems and changes to those systems.
Ability to devise and carry out system testing and implementation plans. Demonstrated ability to query large databases through MS Access or SQL.
- Proven leadership, supervisory, and consensus-building skills. Ability and experience to identify training and development needs, evaluate workloads and resources, and planning and organizing day-to-day activities.
- Proven ability to initiate, compose and prepare a variety of written materials including correspondence and complex reports. Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze, and interpret written material and computer generated reports.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher).
Proven ability working with large databases which include various modules. Ability to analyze information regarding occupancy factors. Knowledge of Web documents and HTML.
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a diverse group of people including students, faculty and staff. Ability to work as a member of a team, both within Housing and Dining Services and within the University.
-A background check is required.
- Knowledge of UC San Diego structure, departments, policies, and procedures, especially knowledge of Housing department and/or Residential Management System and Conference Programmer.
- Excellent working knowledge of business accounting and skill in using campus systems (IFIS, ISIS, FinancialLink, QueryLink, EmployeeLink, TravelLink, JobLink, Blink, HR online procedures).
-If employee will be driving a University vehicle, must have current CA driver's license, maintain good driving record, and participate in DMV pull program.
UC San Diego is an Equal Opportunity / Staff Affirmative Action Employer that values a diverse workforce and provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities.
UC San Diego Health System - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
UC San Diego Health System is San Diego’s only academic health system and is composed of UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest, and...