Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
Description of position:
The Data Steward Analyst (DSA) is responsible for working with business and IS database teams to discover, document, and provide direction regarding definitions (glossary, entity, validation, etc.), data lineage, business rules (attributes, calculations, derivations, etc.), field utilization (repurposing, overloading, violations, etc.), and overall data quality.
Ideal candidates will work closely within the BRM team (product analysis, business analysis, and business process analysis) and demonstrate the ability to partner and maintain confidence with the business as it relates to coordinating disparate information while being able to translate for IS consumption. In addition, the selected candidate will need to be flexible as we grow and transform this new area within Costco.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Contribute to building Business Glossary by driving discussions for making decisions and resolving disputes regarding definitions
- Ensure data quality through the identifications of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Participate with virtual data teams to profile, analyze, and provide contributory input to produce solutions that will impact database models, business policy, and data quality
- Provide advice to senior management and colleagues through data governance processes, acting as a liaison between the business and IS
- Interact with technical teams to stay involved and abreast of emerging technologies
- Ensure appropriate stakeholders are involved in new initiatives to obtain needed information, maintaining the highest level of data quality throughout the organization
- Contribute to establishment (and transformation as needed) standards for data quality, usage, and definitions through tooling and scorecards
- Participate in project data migration activities through identification of data sources and targets
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Understanding of Costco’s business areas, including practical knowledge of the organizational structure
- Experience with data profiling as it relates to system usability, quality, and current usage
- Must possess excellent elicitation and documentation skills to capture abstract concepts
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and effectively engage with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Must possess excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to effectively troubleshoot and provide solutions
- Must have proven ability to manage priorities and timelines
- Must have proven ability to provide project estimates and work-breakdown schedules
- Must be extremely responsive, able to work under pressure in crisis with a strong sense of urgency
- Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze for potential future issues
- 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Able to script and run SQL queries in IBM Data Studio, Navigator, and/or SQL Server
- Experience working with X-Analysis and familiar with Costco databases
- Experience working with Informatica Metadata Manager, Business Glossary, and Data Quality Analyst
- Experience and/or ability to reverse engineer/decode RPG legacy code
Costco Wholesale - 21 months ago
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...