Develop, implement, administer, and maintain databases, data marts, ETLs and data warehouses to ensure the stability of continuing operations and the successful design of new products and services.
Provide the technical lead in data management and data manipulation for the development of large data products to provide the best possible solutions and implementations.
Maintain and improve existing databases and data models to maximize the reliability and functionality.
Develop specifications, requirements, data models, and other documentation to implement new processes and products to create new revenue streams for the company.
Design and maintain a large volume data warehouse to facilitate the maximum performance within a low cost framework.
Assist research analysts in accessing data, developing algorithms to create derived data points, and other analysis requirements
Assist the development team in the integration of disparate data sources into a data warehouse environment, and the development of reports for placement within internal and external web portals
Garner and apply industry best practices to software development to ensure Luth incorporates the best and latest thinking into its software products and services.
Any other tasks and projects assigned by Executive Management.
Education, Experience and Skills:
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please put Data Systems Admin in the subject line.
- Extensive experience in designing, developing, and implementing information database technology to store, access, and render data to software applications.
- Experience in database design and management.
- Exposure to or willing to rapidly learn open source based database and data warehouse technologies such as PostgreSQL and Greenplum.
- Experience with using ETL tools and other methods to merge disparate databases into a data warehousing environment.
- Bachelors of Science in a Computer Science related field as well as at least 6 years database administration, architecture, and design experience.
- Exposure to open source large data processing techniques such as Hadoop/HDFS.
- Experience managing relational data sources greater than 1 TB in size or HDFS clusters greater than 50TB.
- Strong aptitude for mathematics, statistics, and algorithms.
- Experience with rendering data in meaningful manner with dashboards and reports.
- Team player and effective communication in explaining technical requirements/processes.
Luth Research is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities and to making employment decisions based on merit and value. We will comply with all Federal, State and Local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment.
Luth Research, LLC - 21 months ago