Data is just data, and at Forrester we want our data to tell a story. Are you that person that can analyze data and translate it into graphics that are both impactful and attractive?
The Data Visualization Associate (DVA) is responsible for transforming Forrester’s Technographics® data into compelling visual stories incorporating charts and infographics, thereby making it easier for Technographics clients to digest the information. Under the guidance of more senior members of the team, the DVA helps identify the most compelling data points and data trends from the vast array of consumer data collected.
In this entry-level position, a Data Visualization Associate utilizes his/her data visualization skills and obtains real world experience applying task automation skills to organize and aggregate complex data into more easily digestible packets, gains a solid understanding of the impact technology has on consumers and consumer industries, and develops baseline business skills for clear and directed communication.
The DVA will be part of a larger data insights team and will mainly be working with Forrester’s global Technographics data. Technographics is a global research program, surveying more than 300,000 individuals annually in 20 countries. The world’s leading brands leverage global Consumer Technographics for a deeper understanding of technology’s impact on consumer behavior.
• Work with other members of the data client service team to create charts and data visualizations.
• Help discover the most compelling data points and data trends from the vast array of consumer data collected.
• Develop an understanding of the impact technology has on consumers and consumer industries.
• Build productivity tools for task automation, as well as simple databases to assist in data organization and retrieval.
• A passion for giving meaning to data and interpreting business strategies into engaging visual experiences.
• Strong quantitative aptitude with experience in maintaining macro-enabled workbooks.
• Fluency with using Excel/Access to innovate new ways of streamlining data tabulation/presentation.
• Experience with creating VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) code for task automation.
• Some experience with infographics and data visualization.
• A strong track record of academic achievement; B.A./B.S. degree minimum, some programming experience.
• Excellent communication skills, including phone and email.
• Energetic, enthusiastic attitude.
• Intellectual curiosity about business and consumers and the impact of technology on them.
• Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented.
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer; M/F/D/V are especially encouraged to apply. Forrester and Technographics are trademarks of Forrester Research, Inc.
Forrester Research - 20 months ago
Can't see the tech forest for the trees? Maybe a Forrester ranger can guide you through the technological timber. One of the leading...