The Data Warehouse Administrator will support the implementation and integration of data warehouses, data marts, and cubes. Additionally, the Data Warehouse Administrator will perform data warehouse design and construction; perform extensive testing, as well as ETL and repository creation. This position will coordinate with other team members and managers to translate business needs into technical solutions.
This position will troubleshoot issues in cubes, ETL packages and databases to identify and solve problems with data accuracy and performance.
• Develop, deploy, maintain, support, and debug SSIS packages.
• Evaluate and monitor databases to resolve performance issues.
• Interpret business processes to develop data entity structures, star schemas, measures, and cubes.
• Develop, test and maintain MS SQL Server databases in the MIS environment.
• Develop application/inter-application test plans; assist in the development of data requirement test scenarios and verify test results.
• Develop, deploy, maintain, support, and debug SQL Server Analysis Services cubes and Reporting Services reports.
• Investigate and resolve problems of data accuracy and availability.
• Participate in internal testing to identify problems early, perform error and stress scenarios.
• Will work with Business Analysts to aid in the design of the system.
• Identify architectural issues and propose alternative solutions.
• Install upgrades and patches to existing databases.
• Develop and maintain data warehouse environment documentation.
• Manage multiple tasks and projects to schedule, ensuring requirements are met. Report on progress weekly and measure against goals/initiatives to management for meeting project objectives.
• Mentor new or junior MIS team members.
• Assist with creating and maintaining documentation standards, coach others on developing high quality documentation.
• Provide leadership and guidance on process, methodology, and direct content review that will support the project team. Participate in or lead design and code reviews.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelors degree in computer related field preferred
• Minimum 5 years experience in Microsoft SQL Server database administration; database monitoring and performance tuning, stored procedures, triggers, cursors, and views
• Minimum of 2 years experience using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
• Experience developing ETL processes loading Data Warehouses/Data Marts required
• Experience using SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS packages required
• Experience utilizing Kimball method of Data Warehousing a plus
• Excellent understanding of RDBM (Relationship Database Management)
• Knowledge of best practices and software development process (full SDLC)
• Experience supporting a multi-database environment
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate issues
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot software/database issues independently
• Ability to work extended hours when needed
RealPage touts its software as a real asset to real estate managers. The company's on-demand software platform is designed to make the...