Identify business requirements of data warehouse. Plan, design, schedule and coordinate data warehouse analysis, design, development, and deployment. Design end user interface using available business intelligence tools. Develop best practices for data loading and extraction into and out of the data warehouse.
- Document source system Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD)/Data Tables, their relationships, and their articulating processes.
- Support Corporate, Regional, and Health Ministry end user reporting. Application reporting to be supported would include eProcurement and Contracting.
- Specify changes to be made at source systems to accommodate requirements.
- Support system that can transform and normalize data across multiple dimensions. Use database programming languages to transform, schedule and automate transformation of the data.
- Use Business Intelligence Reporting Tools to create the proper roll-up and detail reports. Use of Object Oriented Programming and SQL is essential prior to use of the Business Intelligence Reporting Tool.
- Use variance analysis to look for usage anomalies by purchase classification. Develop alternate product classifications that can be used to analyze usage. Add categories, analyze, and create alternate scenarios that can be used by Value Analysts to negotiate. Leverage UNSPSC coding where available.
- Knowledge of multi-variant regression, statistics, and programming linear equations.
- Primary responsibilities include population of the databases with details of the purchase, invoicing, clinical, sales, savings, rebates and contract information. To accomplish the population of databases, the analyst will use the database products and reporting tools designated by the Supply Chain Technical Services Manager.
- Work with Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) to develop and maintain contract data download capability. This includes data synchronization in support of The Resource Group contract management system.
- Work with contracting management to develop data feeds required by third party vendors in support of ministry initiatives such as inventory management and audits.
This associate promotes, exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication. All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension Health.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analyst should have Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. A degree in Management Information Systems is with a concentration in database programming with a minor in Business. Liberal Arts graduates with advanced coursework in economics, mathematics and programming are encouraged.
- Data Analysis
- Multi-Dimensional and Variant Analysis translation to Linear Algebra
- Multi-variant regression analysis, time series analysis, Game and Probability Theory (contractual what-if scenario generation)
- Any Object Oriented language such as C++, Visual Basic, Java, SQL or PL-SQL, Database design and application, Oracle Business Intelligence reporting tools or an equivalent GUI reporting tool such as Cognos or Business Objects
- Ability to prioritize workload and communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people in all disciplines and at all levels of an organization
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Ascension Health - 22 months ago
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...