Founded in 1997, CapTech Ventures is a private midsized consulting firm that designs and builds information systems. The driving force behind our success is the close relationships that we develop with our clients, getting to know their businesses and the vision that guides them. In 2004, we received the Impact Award of the Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce for its achievements in growth, economic impact and community support. Our newest honor was winning the Customer Engagement 2012 AMCF Consulting Project of the Year. Over the years, we have been recognized by Ernst and Young, Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), Greater Richmond Partnership, United Way, RichTech and numerous other organizations for our steady growth and positive impact on the communities it serves. We are expanding our client base both geographically and across industry lines and are recruiting, retaining and nourishing a highly skilled workforce.
At CapTech, we strive to balance intense, mission-critical consulting with fun and camaraderie. In addition to regular corporate functions and events, we support softball, baseball, biking and running teams. Managers also organize smaller outings for their functional teams such as Segway tours, a deep sea fishing trip and cooking classes. We also have a long history of supporting philanthropic and economic development activities. We greatly prefer to promote from within and provide many training and development opportunities to help our people grow their skills across the board. Our company founders and executive team are easily accessible within our open communication environment because we value employee ideas and input, and our collaborative team-centered work methods help us build off of each others’ success.
Additional benefits of CapTech include:
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term disability
- Long-Term disability
- Company provided life insurance plus option to purchase additional for self and family
- Long - Term care Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care costs
- Option for company paid cell phone plan or personal cell phone plan reimbursement
- Paid Time Off with no required allocation for holidays, sick days, etc.
- Training opportunities through vast internal training programs including CapTech University
- Training and Certifications eligible for expense reimbursement (highly encouraged)
- Education reimbursement option
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
- Collaborative work environment allowing you to learn from your peers
- The best deserves the best - CapTech consultants utilize cutting edge hardware and software to provide our clients with worry free solutions
If you are an experienced Data Warehouse Architect with strong leadership capabilities and you are looking for a rewarding new career direction, join our cutting-edge team at CapTech in Richmond, VA! In your role as a Data Warehouse Architect, you will be responsible for the overall design of data warehouses throughout all phases of the project life cycle, from initial analysis and design all the way through to implementation and user acceptance. This is a high-level position on the project team and you will communicate with business stakeholders as well as team members at all levels of the project in order to facilitate the development process.
As a Data Warehouse Architect, you will be responsible for the design, development, documentation and quality assurance of the technical architecture of database systems that will support functional design. Your duties will evolve over the life of the project as you lead the data architecture elements of the development process and apply your analytical and problem-solving skills to the various issues that arise.
Your specific duties as a Data Warehouse Architect will include:
- Participating in the gathering of functional requirements as well as the functional design process
- Leading the development of a strategy to support current and future needs through technology
- Conferring with the client to gather technical requirements such as performance, maintainability and scalability
- Producing conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Leading the evaluation and selection of the software that will be included in the technical architecture, as well as the evaluation and selection of the hardware on which the technical architecture will be developed, tested and deployed
- Setting development standards for both logical and physical architecture
- Leading the development of a strategy for master data management, as well as the design of the overall technical solution
- Ensuring architectural alignment of the designs and development done by the various technical teams
- Communicating the status of the implementation to the project manager
- Leading business intelligence reporting design
- Managing the approval and acceptance process for the technical architecture in cooperation with the client
- Working with the Quality Assurance Manager to create the system test plan
As a Data Warehouse Architect, you must have demonstrated experience, education and credentials as well as familiarity with and ability to work at all levels of the development process. You must also have a high level of engagement in the development process and able to easily understand proposed technologies and solutions, investigating and researching when necessary. It is also vital for your role as a Data Warehouse Architect that you have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and that you can convey complex information in a clear and concise manner to team members as well as individuals at all levels of the client’s organization. You should also have a work style that is more process-oriented than task-oriented.
Specific qualifications for the Data Warehouse Architect position will include:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 10 Years Data Architecture experience in the full project life cycle in a data warehouse environment
- Experience architecting solution components in each of the following areas: business intelligence, ETL, data architecture, information architecture
- Experience facilitating user sessions and gathering requirements
- Experience designing logical and physical architectures for data warehousing solutions
- Experience managing teams of senior technologists
- Experience working in an Agile development methodology in a data warehouse environment
- Ability to work on client’s job site
- Eligibility for employment in the United States
- Involvement with TDWI, DAMA or data community user groups a plus
- Consulting experience a plus
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer.
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Founded in 1997, CapTech Ventures is a private mid-sized consulting firm that designs and builds information systems. The driving force...