Dell Inc. is a global provider of information technology solutions. We are currently looking for a Data Warehouse Architect to join our Dell BI team.
**WORK LOCATION AT CLIENT SITE, primary physical work location is in Minneapolis, MN** Candidate must reside in Minneapolis area, relocation a must.
As a Data Warehouse Architect, you will act as the primary technical architect for our data warehousing projects to solve some of the toughest challenges in business intelligence today. The successful candidate should possess deep technical expertise in database design, ETL, reporting and analytics and will have previous consulting experience utilizing a structured delivery methodology.
Translate client user requirements into technical architecture vision and implementation plan
Design and develop the architecture for all data warehousing components (e.g. tool integration strategy; source system data ETL strategy, data staging, movement and aggregation; information and analytics delivery; and data quality strategy)
Design of the data warehouse data storage strategy/technique (ODS, EDW, DM, ROLAP, MOLAP, etc.)
Design of data warehouse health sub-system (e.g. QA/QC, ETL and Query metrics)
Oversight of tool evaluation and selection
Hardware recommendations, sizing and configuration
RDBMS installation, configuration and tuning
Oversight and/or coordination of system testing phase
Problem and issue resolution
Mentoring and developing junior staff
Participation in proposal development and client presentations
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- A minimum of 7 year experiences providing Business Intelligence architecture/administration/development in a Fortune 500 company.
- 5+ years of experience with BI Architecture, Dimensional Modeling & Data Warehousing
- 3+ years of experience with SAS 9 Architecture
- Additional 3-5 years working in another role within a data warehouse team, such as business/data analyst, quality assurance analyst, or ETL developer.
- Experience with Teradata database and Oracle BI is a BIG plus
- B.S. in Computer Science, MIS or Electrical Engineering or a related quantitative discipline.
- Graduate degree in Business, Computer Science or a related quantitative discipline is a BIG plus.
- Personal skills:
- Possess a strong work ethic, self-starter, creative, a focus on customer service, possess a high level of energy, enthusiasm, have strong oral and written communication and people skills, team player, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task, commitment and appreciate the application of technology in support of our business.
Minimum Certifications or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Master’s Degree desired
About Dell Inc.:
- BI Certification(s) desired
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives? Where teams are constantly curious and different perspectives and experiences are valued?
At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com. Dell offers a competitive Salary and Bonus plan as well as a great Benefit Package. Please visit the About Dell section at www.dell.com for more information.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Dell - 10 months ago
Dell Inc. (Dell) is a technology company that designs, develops, manufactures, markets, sells, and supports a range of products. Its product...