POSITION REPORTS TO: Director - Data Management
Responsible for data warehouse design, development, and configuration. Provides support for data warehouses. Responsible for coding and documenting procedures, and programming, testing, debugging data warehouses. Coordinate new data warehouse development, ensuring consistency and integration with existing warehouse structure. Review business requests for data warehouse data and data warehouse usage; researches data sources for new and better data feeds. Assist in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality and supporting production systems based on business requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Customer Service
Take the necessary steps to ensure our customers' needs are met to the maximum extent possible in an accurate and timely manner. A member of the data management team, providing a high level of support for both internal and external customers.
2. Data Warehouse Design and Development
Analyze, design and implement sound database and data warehouse schemas. Strive to achieve system integration through database design. Provide expertise in creating database tables, views, indexes, constraints, triggers, stored procedures, rules and other objects to optimize performance and enforce data integrity. Has responsibility for data warehouse support, data warehouse procedures and standards, management, security, maintenance and utilization of data warehouse database servers.
3. Data Movement
Develop and manage plans and procedures that automate and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of data processes and analysis. This includes, but is not limited to, using scheduling tools and scripting routines to automate data loading and refreshing from internal and external sources.
4. SQL Reporting
Assist in developing, generating, and distributing SQL reports in support of line-of-business production systems and ad-hoc decision support needs. Assist business analysts, end-users, and management by creating SQL queries (as necessary) to support report generation.
5. Testing and Deployment
Work with business analysts and data analysts to develop adequate testing procedures for data warehouse enhancements and data corrections. Provide effective testing and implementation of new technology related to data management, storage, and retrieval.
Additional functions of the position may include:
1. Perform other related duties as assigned.
BA/BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or comparable experience required. Minimum five years experience in database or data warehouse development. Microsoft MCDBA certification, CBIP or other data warehouse certification preferred.
- Familiar with a variety of industry standards regarding Microsoft database development concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to create complex data warehouse databases including OLAP and Data Cubes.
- Proficiency with database development including the development of stored procedures, triggers, and SSIS jobs.
- Design data architecture for various layers of DW environments including data hub, ODS, EDW and Data Marts.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain data models and standards.
- Proficiency with current and recent versions of SQL Server. Database development experience with Visual Studio or Embarcadero a plus.
- Proficient in a Windows computing environment using Windows XP/Vista/7 and Office 2010.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment, work independently, plan, organize projects, analyze data and produce concise summaries, be innovative and creative, improve database processes, and have a positive impact on others.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills.
Farm Credit Services of America employees, vendors, internal/external auditors, and consultants
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
- Operate a computer and related peripheral equipment proficiently and performs repetitive motions on computer for extended periods of time. This also includes reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate and critique such information as written materials, numerical data, responses to customer needs and/or other work related activities.
- Ability to complete work in an acceptable time frame and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
- Understand and use computer technology related to carrying out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Ability to operate a telephone and respond to calls and in-person inquiries.
- Ability to move about the office with occasional reaching and bending.
- Ability to travel by auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Ability to lift or move equipment up to 50 pounds from one location to another.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than "at will" employment relationship.
Farm Credit Services of America - 21 months ago
Farm Credit Services of America, based in Omaha, Nebraska, is dedicated to serving the agricultural credit, risk management and financial...