We have an immediate need in our Charlotte, NC office for a Data Architect on the Enterprise Business Information System (EBIS) Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence team (DW). The Data Architect creates and maintains architectural best practices addressing data and technology in the context of DW needs across the firm. The position provides leadership and direction for data architecture as it relates to DW, including modeling, services, and platform life cycle. The Data Architect is responsible for developing a strategy and framework to address all aspects of data lifecycles both within the DW environment and in cooperation with the Enterprise Architecture team.
This is a hands-on position, responsible for both strategic and project-focused work in the DW environment. Applicants must have master-level SQL skills and current experience using modeling tools such as ERWin.
- Establishes metadata management, modeling approaches and standards, and best practices for DW
- Adapts and implements data governance standards in the DW environment
- Develops standards, guidelines, and processes to consistently address recurring issues such as data convergence, data duplication, semantic issues, and data integration/synchronization
- Defines data strategy, policies, and controls to ensure that the DW environment is accurate, complete, secure and reliable
- Identifies areas for data quality improvement and helps to resolve data quality problems through teams and platforms including the DW itself, the MDM platform, ETL and related services, and systems of record and reference
- Engages with relevant internal parties and external vendors in best practice sharing and DW solution delivery
- Manages the DW Data Logical, Physical, and Canonical Models, including data dictionary/metadata registry.
- Provides data consultation on complex projects and is considered to be a top level contributor/specialist.
- Develops and deploys scripts through established turnover processes
- Analyzes and optimizes database and query performance
- Designs, tests, and deploys data integrity and other data quality mechanisms for the DW
- Develops and ensures compliance with data architecture principles and standards within the DW environment
Skills & Attributes
- Proven leadership experience
- Strong experience working with metadata repositories and data modeling tools (e.g. Erwin, Rational Data Architect)
- Strong working knowledge of MDM processes, governance, and platforms
- Master-level knowledge of relational databases, Data Warehouse and business Intelligence solutions
- Demonstrable teamwork and collaboration skills
- Modeling/Design experience for high-performance platforms such as Oracle Exadata and Teradata will distinguish applicants
- Applicants must have significant experience outside the Microsoft stack. Oracle experience with strong PL-SQL skills preferred. Experience migrating SQL Server to Oracle is a plus.
- Ability to function at the platform architect level as well as the application level is required, as the position is reponsible for both the DW platform and working with application teams (e.g., for view design)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE