Do you want to work for a great team, with a great solution and are you open to weekly travel? Then make the best decision and join Teradata.
The primary responsibility of a Data Warehouse Consultant is the delivery of innovative industry and horizontal solutions to our clients. This requires understanding of the strategic vision of the client and of Teradata professional services, and the consistent identification and positioning of services that fit within these visions. The Data Warehouse Consultant develops and maintains relationships with key persons on the client engagement to ensure the client's needs are met in a professional manner. The Data Warehouse Consultant also participates in proposing, designing, and implementing solutions that address relevant people, process, information, and technology needs. The Data Warehouse Consultant participates in engagement planning and executes well-defined portions of consulting projects with guidance and supervision from a more experienced colleague. The Data Warehouse Consultant is responsible for day-to-day execution of multiple assignments and for communicating task approach and structure to others. The Data Warehouse Consultant provides thought leadership to their practice and client engagements. This consultant transfers knowledge and expertise to other Teradata PS associates through one on one, on-the-job training and participates in PS activities to build knowledge capital.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Actively performs and promotes knowledge capture and asset reuse and participates in knowledge transfer activities.
- Applies in depth disciplinary knowledge within own specialty area with basic understanding of related disciplines and industry practices.
- Responsibly plans for and undertakes own professional development pursuing Teradata and external certification in field of expertise. Assists in recruiting and interviewing candidates and trains/teaches others.
- Evaluates complex situations using multiple sources of information: filters, validates and interprets dynamic material.
- Demonstrates professional behavior at client sites. Builds relationships with clients, both business and IT, by understanding and responding to the client's business environment and business challenges.
- Applies professional judgment based on the analysis of relevant input; Designs and implements available Professional Services products, solutions, tools and processes without direction.
- Understands the business Teradata is in and our market proposition.
- Takes initiatives in securing new consulting engagements and managing day to day client relationships and results. Understands and reinforces account plan initiatives within scope of assignment.
- Identifies scope changes. Manages and appropriately escalates dependencies and risks with respect to work assignments.
- Performs work on time, within scope, and with high customer satisfaction without supervision; provides status of work on a timely basis.
- Applies project management techniques independently and manages small projects and work packages on an as needed basis.
- Contributes to the development of new techniques, methodologies/plans within area of expertise or practice improvements based on lessons learned.
Education and Experience·
4 - 10 years of experience in development and implementation of Data Warehouses.
2 recent years of implementing Data Warehouses.
Performance Tunning experience
Excellent oral and written communication skills and presentation abilities.
Familiarity with Project Management Practices
Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Ability to articulate the benefits of detailed data in an Enterprise Data Warehouse environment.
Ability to perform most functions with minimal supervision or guidance.
Proven ability to lead and mentor others.
Organized, adaptable, a self-starter, highly motivated by challenge, and a team player.
Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment.
Travel up to 100% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or
- 4 - 10 years of related/equivalent experience
- Solid DW Background - Teradata (not required) Oracle or DB2
- Strong ANSI SQL Skill - PL/SQL a Plus
- Exposure to Large DW implementations
- Data-Centric Background (i.e. Modeling, Physical or Logical) a plus
- Analysis/Requirements Gathering Skills
- Solid Exposure to Modeling tool (Like ERWIN) a Plus
- Domain Expertise in ETL, PDM or DBA a Plus
- External Relevant Industry Certifications (Oracle or IBM Certified, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to propose, design, and implement DW solutions to meet customer needs.
- Programming Skills a Plus (i.e C, C++ Shell, Scripting, JAVA, JCL, etc.)
- Software Development Background a Plus (i.e. Lifecycle Skills, Methodologies, Agile, etc.)
Americas Sales & Services
Teradata - 10 months ago
Trillions of bytes of data don't faze Teradata. The company designs and implements enterprise data warehousing systems that store and...