Audible ( www.audible.com http://www.audible.com/ ), a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com located in Newark NJ, is the Internet’s leading provider of spoken audio programming – including books of any genre, magazines, radio shows, daily newspapers, and more. Titles downloaded from Audible are compatible with hundreds of mobile devices, including the Apple® iPod®. Audible prides itself on providing listening experiences that enhance the commute, working out at the gym, or simply relaxing at home.
- Lead, participate in gathering business requirements, analysis of source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data model, and develop metadata for the Data Warehouse/Analytical Reporting.
- Architect and design elegant OBIEE solutions for business needs.
- This is a highly technical role requiring critical thinking, hands on development, and attention to detail from analysis through implementation and post-production QA/oncall. Provide technical/user documentation and training; perform peer reviews of work items produced at various stages of the project.
- Effectively communicate with various teams and stakeholders, escalate technical and managerial issues at the right time and resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines.
- Analyze and determine the impact of technology capabilities and limitations, translate high level design to detailed design specifications, develop, test and deploy code/application in various environments.
- Perform effort estimation for various Data Warehouse activities; meet project deliverables as per requirements, on time within budgets.
- Strong Computer science background required. A Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science is required with a minimum of 5+ years of industry experience.
- 4+ years in working with large data sets and analyzing data to identify patterns.
- 5+ years in data warehousing projects with at least 4 years of full life cycle experience in implementation and support of DW Solutions on Oracle Platform.
- Experience of multiple end-to-end OBI projects in solution design and development roles.
- Experience of designing dashboards, reports, scorecards in OBIEE 11g as per user requirements.
- Must have extensive knowledge in ETL, Oracle 9i/10g/11g and SQL & PL/SQL.
- Must have extensive knowledge in Data warehouse designing techniques like Star Schema/Snowflake.
- Extensive design and coding skills in Perl, shell script, XML on Unix Platforms.
- Knowledge of tuning and scaling in a Data warehouse environment is highly desired.
- Should have very good technical expertise and strong business skills, as he/she will lead the team in delivering Business Intelligence solutions.
- Must be aware of testing process and DW implementation methodologies.
- Knowledge of Hyperion, Tableau, Qlikview, etc will be an added advantage.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Erwin Data modeling and Data Quality tool.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
Amazon’s Titles and Levels do not correspond to Audible’s Titles and Levels.
Only qualifying candidates will be contacted.
Amazon.com - 11 months ago