The successful applicant will be responsible for the management of database application tasks for the World Class Instructional Design and Assessment (WIDA) Consortium (wwww.wida.us) at WCER.
Skills & Requirements
- Act as a consultant and provide data collection design and data warehouse system recommendations to faculty and staff from a number of scholarly fields - including, Education Psychology, Psychometrics, Educational Leadership, and Cognitive Psychology.
- Coordinate data base application with entities external to WCER.
- Routinely work with district and state educational agency research offices.
- Contribute to the writing of project deliverables on data systems.
- Be available to present at regional and annual meetings. These meetings are attended by representatives of state, local and federal education agencies, academics, and policy makers.
- Manage WIDA's data warehouse and manage the associated raw data files, extract, transform, and load (ETL) resources, analytic (intermediate) data files, analytic script files (e.g., SQL code, SAS code, R, SPSS scripts), and reporting tools (e.g., excel files); as well as support the development and maintenance of project meta-data schema.
Degree and area of specialization:
Bachelor's degree required in computer science or a related field.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
Two years or more years' experience working with either MS SQL Server or Oracle in conjunction with large database projects. This includes hands on experience with acquisition of datasets from third parties (or from sensor/technical systems). Knowledge of data warehouse ETL and data cleaning techniques.
Preferred: Additional experience with statistical analysis applications and data reporting tools a plus. Familiarity with data quality and data governance procedures a plus.
joelonsoftware - 17 months ago