As a Data Warehouse QA Engineer, you will help ensure that the data warehouse and business intelligence technology we build and delivers the information so critical to our customers. You’ll make sure we build it right, from the ground up: from the source data to the ETL through to the data warehouse and into various presentations. |
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Validate data integrity at various levels of Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) starting from the source data copies through the end user reports (and any other deliverables)
- Validate the actual data mart outputs against the intended outputs
- Use your understanding of our business domain to identify and report anomalies
- Test various paths of the EDW workflow and validate the auditing and error handling features of EDW.
- Measure performance of various components (using simulated stress tests whenever needed) and report any outliers/exceptions
- Setup multiple QA environments to work with fabricated source data, QA source data and production source data
- Test SSAS cubes; execute and test SSIS packages
- Configure SSIS packages for different QA setup environments
- Modify the source data and test the changes in transactional & snapshot facts tables and also all types of dimension tables
- Write Transact-SQL queries to stress test the Data Marts and implement/extend our automated regression test
- Prepare test cases to test user requirements against the reports and Data Marts
- Write equivalent Transact-SQL queries to validate Micro Strategy and SSRS reports
- You have a strong desire to do things right. You have relentlessly high standards and self-discipline
- You can argue for quality in the face of pressure to compromise it
- You can begin to deliver value quickly, even when direction is lacking or unclear, sometimes with little or no supervision
- You have a concise, impactful, credible and authentic writing and communication style
- A technical degree in computer science, information science or engineering, with a master’s degree preferred
- Experience testing products built in Microsoft SQL Server and the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack (database engine, SSRS, SSAS and SSIS)
- Experience defining and executing test plans along with documenting detailed test scripts.
- Formal understanding of various QA methodologies
- Familiarity with white-box (unit, integration and system level) and black-box testing
- Developing automated test suites using Transact-SQL Programming
- Experience with:
- SQL Server Profiler
- Data validation and exploration using MS-Excel and VBA
- Micro Strategy reports and dashboards
- Working on at least one functional test automation tool e.g. QTP, Selenium, etc.
- Any Microsoft platform programming language is a plus
Move, Inc. - 2 years ago
Move, Inc., a subsidiary of News Corp, is a leading provider of online real estate services and operates the Move network of real estate...